Arabs....

RobinJo said:
Why do they persist on giving him time, Ince got sacked cause the results weren't happening and Roy Keane had to resign before sacked. I'm wondering why they want to give him time.. Something must have happened because surely you wouldn't be able to put up with these shocking results. Maybe Hughes isn't all to blame, but when the results aren't coming the manager gets the blame. This shit better sort out and fast.

PS - Sorry for another thread.

I just think there has got be more than we think is going on in Jan

spanishblue said:

I get this feeling too. At the moment I believe Hughes knows he's going and the Arabs are actually working with another manager (rijkaard, hiddink, bilic, jose take your pick) to identify transfer targets. Hughes will be gone very soon, as soon as the incoming manager is ready/allowed to leave wherever they are now.

This would explain why Hughes is so vague re transfers, why transfer speculation has gone quiet recently and why the players look like they couldn't give a fuck about trying to win for the current boss.

i can only agree here,have the arabs made it clear to hughes he will be sacked,if he was to walk he'd lose his pay in,the mind boggles how they are so laid back with this,we cant carry on going from game to game wondering is this his final match,have the dog put down do it now we will gain nothing by putting his iminent sacking back every week

shaundickov said:
spanishblue said:

I get this feeling too. At the moment I believe Hughes knows he's going and the Arabs are actually working with another manager (rijkaard, hiddink, bilic, jose take your pick) to identify transfer targets. Hughes will be gone very soon, as soon as the incoming manager is ready/allowed to leave wherever they are now.

This would explain why Hughes is so vague re transfers, why transfer speculation has gone quiet recently and why the players look like they couldn't give a fuck about trying to win for the current boss.

Its that or all the player deals are nearly sorted they seem too clever not to get rid otherwise

marco said:
i can only agree here,have the arabs made it clear to hughes he will be sacked,if he was to walk he'd lose his pay in,the mind boggles how they are so laid back with this,we cant carry on going from game to game wondering is this his final match,have the dog put down do it now we will gain nothing by putting his iminent sacking back every week

i think they just need to finalise the next manager before they sack Hughes. We wouldn't want a rudderless ship with a busy run of Xmas fixtures (although some would argue that's what we've got at the moment)

I have been watching Hughes closely in his interviews. He doesn't seem excited about the future, his body language is of a man who knows he's coming to the end of a job,

also some of the things he says are little clues: 'there will be pressure on the players, managers...' why did he use the plural????

He knows he's just caretaking until his replacement, and if he walks he won't get his golden handshake.

Marvin said:
If the Arabs are going to treat the transfer window seriously, how could they sack the manager just as it opened? That would be stupid.

It would either mean not spending at all, or taking a huge risk on a new manager's very limited knowledge of City's squad

We've been continually told that Hughes would bring in his players. So we sack Hughes, we lose the transfer window.

You aint one of those reds braggin "I'm nearly a mod" on Redcafe a few months ago by any chance?

"manager's very limited knowledge of City's squad"??

Hughes has totally lost the squad. This squad would do a better job picking themselves at the minute.

shaundickov said:
spanishblue said:

Some of the players look like they couldn't give a fuck. This is the second time in a year some of the players look like they couldn't give a fuck. I hope they are actually digging their own graves as far as the next manager is concerned.

Marvin said:
So we sack Hughes, we lose the transfer window.

It would be a price worth paying.

Having a real manager come in and get the best out of the current squad would be as good as a few signings anyway.

moomba said:
Marvin said:
So we sack Hughes, we lose the transfer window.

It would be a price worth paying.

Having a real manager come in and get the best out of the current squad would be as good as a few signings anyway.
agree!! our team is by far good enough to stay up with another manager,maybee buy 1or 2 players but wat untill the summer 'steady the ship'

Marvin said:
If the Arabs are going to treat the transfer window seriously, how could they sack the manager just as it opened? That would be stupid.

It would either mean not spending at all, or taking a huge risk on a new manager's very limited knowledge of City's squad

We've been continually told that Hughes would bring in his players. So we sack Hughes, we lose the transfer window.

this is plausible enough.

there may be more to it, but we'll see.

it's possible the Arabs have someone else lined up already (Rijkaard or Mancini pls)...

as far as the new-manager-lined-up theories, its' entirely possible that the Arabs have someone lined up... but can only get him at the end of the year.

we'll see. i just wish what we're seeing looked less like a trainwreck in slow motion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.