Arda Guler

Most of them came after WW2 to rebuild the country. They are German but have a very strong sense of their own culture that they uphold. Gundogan, Ozil, Can, and Sahin, to name a few.

Cheers fella, thanks for reinforcing the point.

I was actually responding to a poster, who said that Turkish players don’t adapt to the PL, by pointing that that Ilkay is, in effect, a Turkish lad with a German passport.
Indeed, he very recently spoke very eloquently in interview about how he was part of a Turkish family and how proud he was to have won the Champions League in Turkey in front of his people, his family and his friends.

IMO being Turkish doesn’t detract one iota from a player being able to establish a successful career in any league, anywhere including the PL.

Cheers fella, thanks for reinforcing the point.

I was actually responding to a poster, who said that Turkish players don’t adapt to the PL, by pointing that that Ilkay is, in effect, a Turkish lad with a German passport.
Indeed, he very recently spoke very eloquently in interview about how he was part of a Turkish family and how proud he was to have won the Champions League in Turkey in front of his people, his family and his friends.

IMO being Turkish doesn’t detract one iota from a player being able to establish a successful career in any league, anywhere including the PL.
Exactly, anyone can make it with the right skills and mentality. Nationality has nothing to do with it.

iirc Gundogun has a German passport virtue of being born in Germany but both his parents were Turkish (a lot of Turkish workers in Germany) and he was raised to be Turkish culturally.
Didn’t stop him from adapting to the PL though.
A bit overly simplistic. He went through the German education system, was brought up with German friends, teachers, coaches, teammates etc. Very different to being brought up in Turkey

at rw? why
In general. All 4 guys are on the smaller side. If you can get similar talent with height even better.

Part of what I like about our Walker, Akanji, Dias AKe, Stones, Rodri and Halaand is how big and imposing we are. We are a finesse team that can't be bullied.

I like that. Slobozslai will add to that without a talent drop.

Looks like a mini Bernardo, very talented boy. Wouldn't mind him but he won't be ready to jump straight into our first team from the Turkish league so we would still need a more senior winger.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.