Are a few fans struggling with the pressure of the season?

We've come on quite a bit from last year though:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/premier-league/2008-2009/table/2009-02-14" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.statto.com/football/stats/en ... 2009-02-14</a>

The "clown" suggestion is ludicrous. Mancini and Kidd ALREADY have a better results ratio than Hughes, and yesterday was obviously a move to get us through with resting players, replays happen.

A lot of people look foolish at the end of the season. For example: Vieira IS going to dominate very soon, he just needs 1 or 2 games more. Mark my words.

Bonol said:
No, just pissed off we have got to watch the clown Mancini fuck it all up.

What a moronic comment. We have made 6 points up on Villa and Spurs and played a game less while doing it.

Mancini is the first coach we have had with a CV of success for years. So to be slagging him off after only 7 league games is beyond ridiculous.

And before you say it, yes this place is all about opinions, but some opinions are just better kept to yourself.

I presume you were a Hughes supporter. So lets just give Mancini the same amount of time and maybe half the money and see where we are then.

i was shocked and embaressed yesterday, in the second tier of the colin bell/corner of south.
never heard so much negative abusive shite aimed at city players before since i've been at games, it was embaressing.

one utter knob in the row infront of us thought it appropriate to label adebayor as "the c*nt that should of been murdered on that bus" - i was completely speechless - this was the worst case, but there was 90 minutes of negative bollocks from everywhere i turned.

SouthStand211 said:
A few have well and truly cracked. One fella yesterday shouted at Bridge that he'd shag bird if he kicked the ball out of play for a Stoke player injury again but not before stamping on his seat?!! Same guy also called for Santa Cruz to come on after 20 mins.

Upon leaving another bloke talking to himself louder than I can shout, said comments like "whats going on with our club", "£200m and we still f*ck it up", "We'll always be sh*t"

Now even the most pessemistic person can see on paper, Semi-Final, near top 4 at this stage of season AND FA Cup to come IS PROGRESS. Is it that they are impatient? Is it that they just cannot see the bigger picture after this season or have they kidded themselves we're better than Barca for example?
There is an element of fans struggling, its just unknown territory for most of us, I just think many fans dont no what mentality should be adopted. Were a gulibale bunch too, . . . . . . . . .I mean some nob posted on deadline day that Henry was signing and just watched on as fellow bluemooners took the bait hook line and sinker. ;-)

Revol said:
SouthStand211 said:
"£200m and we still f*ck it up"

In a way, whichever person said that is kind of right. The management has basically said "we've got cash, so we're gonna win". But, and despite how this is our best season since the 70s/80s, we still have our weaknesses. People say we might just break the top four but I'd say we're in a similar vein to Villa and Spurs right now, as opposed to Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool, in that we're a really good team but the big four don't see us as a threat.

Chances are we'll finish fourth in the next couple of years but there's still work to be done. With the money we have you can buy any old player but it takes a lot more than a few pennies for a player in blue to be passionate about the team. Tevez is a great player but I'm afraid to say I can't see him being with us for a great deal of seasons. He's been through many English clubs but he is a businessman. Same goes for Bellamy.

How can Liverpool not see us as a threat? And ManUre clearly did in the Carling Cup. I do agree there's still work to be done though. We're no where near the finished project...but we shouldn't have expected to be so soon.

It's nothing we've not experienced for years. Everytime I go I get sick to death of idiots slagging and shouting abuse at our own players. Iit's ridiculous, but it's nothing to do with the new money, it's been going on since the first time I was a junior blue going to Maine Road.

supermicahrichards said:
Revol said:
In a way, whichever person said that is kind of right. The management has basically said "we've got cash, so we're gonna win". But, and despite how this is our best season since the 70s/80s, we still have our weaknesses. People say we might just break the top four but I'd say we're in a similar vein to Villa and Spurs right now, as opposed to Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal or Liverpool, in that we're a really good team but the big four don't see us as a threat.

Chances are we'll finish fourth in the next couple of years but there's still work to be done. With the money we have you can buy any old player but it takes a lot more than a few pennies for a player in blue to be passionate about the team. Tevez is a great player but I'm afraid to say I can't see him being with us for a great deal of seasons. He's been through many English clubs but he is a businessman. Same goes for Bellamy.

How can Liverpool not see us as a threat? And ManUre clearly did in the Carling Cup. I do agree there's still work to be done though. We're no where near the finished project...but we shouldn't have expected to be so soon.

Liverpool are obviously going to finish fourth, that's how. If anything, it's Spurs seeing us as a threat for finishing fifth but I personally think the yids will get that one.

And they only felt threatened after the first leg when we beat them at home. At the swamp they pretty much dominated, save the brief period after Tevez's goal when we were in complete control and they obviously panicked for a bit.

There are a number of reasons to explain the frustration on the terraces.

Firstly, it does not help that we are constantly being sold this "biggest club in the world" expectation from certain members on the club hierarchy. That automatically ramps up expectation and perhaps gives us false hope.

Secondly, the run of draws in October and November, many of which were in games we should have won, did not help. We went a long time without seeing the team win a league match. Conversely, we did not lose, but football is about winning. And a lot of those draws (especially at home) felt like defeats.

Thirdly, the entertainment value of games under both Mancini and Hughes has been lacking. At times the team hasn't looked like gelling and an alarming number of basic errors have kept cropping up.

Fourthly, the club pays its players a lot of money. Fans expect better performances and more effort from men who will earn more in one week than many on this forum will earn in 5-10 years.

Fifthly, this is more a hunch, but the world at the moment is a depressing place. Unemployment is high, the 'recession' is biting hard - not least young people. Switch on a TV and it's all misery, doom and gloom. For a lot of fans, City is therefore an escape from the real world. It is the one thing in life that seems to have purpose, hope and promise. Hence people turn up at games not just expecting to win, but hoping more than anything that we win - to compensate for the constant bleating about current affairs and life in the real world.

Lastly, many of us haven't seen City win a major honour in our lifetime. We've waited 34 years for silverware and now have resources that can make that a distinct possibility. We're fed up of waiting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.