Are any of our loanees going to make it?

bluemoondays

Lots of players out on loan, any of them going to be returning to stay or are they all destined to be farmed out/sold end of the season?

Obviously if they are still well under 21 then they have time but with our squad now if you haven't broken into the first team squad by the age of 21 then you are destined for the exit I'd imagine. Fill in your own thoughts, I don't get much info on a lot of these so I can't put much in. All my guesses, some are obvious and some just based on age and non-appearances in the squad/team.

Didn't realise we had so many out on loan until I looked on loan watch

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2011/September/Loan-watch-sept-27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/20 ... ch-sept-27</a>

RSC - Gone
Adebayor - Gone
Weiss - Gone (probably unless he stars for Valencia Edit: Espanyol)
M. Johnson - Gone (probably unless he stars for Leicester)
Mee - Gone, 22 now
McGivern - Gone, 21 now
Trippier - Gone, 21 now
Cunningham - Gone, 21 in January
Nimely - Gone, 21 in May (but signed 4 year contract in 2010)
Guidetti - Keep, still only 19
Boyata - Keep, still only 20
Gonzalez - ?
Ibrahim - ?
Kraus - ?
Elabdellaoui - ?
Abu - great name :-) - ?
Benali - ?

I think Boyata will be the only one to make it back to City.

The others will make careers lower down the pyramid.

Mohammed Abu seems a very good prospect judging by reports from Norway and Abdul Razak will benefit from first team football at Pompey. Guidetti and Boyata are a bit further down the line but both could make useful squad players if they want to stay.

bluemoondays said:
Lots of players out on loan, any of them going to be returning to stay or are they all destined to be farmed out/sold end of the season?

Obviously if they are still well under 21 then they have time but with our squad now if you haven't broken into the first team squad by the age of 21 then you are destined for the exit I'd imagine. Fill in your own thoughts, I don't get much info on a lot of these so I can't put much in. All my guesses, some are obvious and some just based on age and non-appearances in the squad/team.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2011/September/Loan-watch-sept-27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/20 ... ch-sept-27</a>

RSC - Gone
Adebayor - Gone
Weiss - Gone (probably unless he stars for Valencia)
Mee - Gone, 22 now
McGivern - Gone, 21 now
Trippier - Gone, 21 now
Gonzalez - ?
Ibrahim - ?
Kraus - ?
Elabdellaoui - ?
Benali - ?

If Veiss makes it with Valencia that would be fantastic...not only that he could be the New Jesus Christ.....especially since we sent him out on loan to Espanola as it would be a miracle

Longsight-memories said:
bluemoondays said:

RSC - Gone
Adebayor - Gone
Weiss - Gone (probably unless he stars for Valencia)
Mee - Gone, 22 now
McGivern - Gone, 21 now
Trippier - Gone, 21 now
Gonzalez - ?
Ibrahim - ?
Kraus - ?
Elabdellaoui - ?
Benali - ?

If Veiss makes it with Valencia that would be fantastic...not only that he could be the New Jesus Christ.....especially since we sent him out on loan to Espanola as it would be a miracle

Wow, sarky much and also incorrect - if he stars for Espanola he will be the 2nd coming of Christ especially as we loaned him out to Espanyol (original post edited).

If you're going to pick up errors in people's post especially in a sarky manner, it's important that your corrections are actually, you know, correct.

I'm not even convinced Boyata will make it at City, with the arrival of Savic and potentially a top class centre back to replace Kolo Toure when he inevitably leaves. He might hang around for a while to help us meet the home grown quota in the Champions League, but he wont see much action apart from the odd Carling Cup game. It's a shame, but that's how i see it panning out. He'll leave for 2-3 million in a year or two.

I agree with the two "Keepers" you picked, I would love to see M J fully fit and back at the club as well,

Of the rest Trippier is one I had high hopes for, a loverly clean tackler with 100% effort every game, a bit on the small side so that may go against him but he can certainly hold his own with most wingers.

Weiss seems to have stalled at almost great, so the jury is still out on him, and like the rest of the young ones he may just be a late developer,

The good thing is Roberto seems to be willing to throw kids in and see how they do when possible, and is a good judge of players on what we have seen of him so far.

Was very impressed with boyata and hope he gets a decent chance think he worth keeping for a few more years at least. Shame about Weiss think he had potential but doesn't seem to have gone on. Same for Johnson honestly thought he was going to be one of the best midfielders in England a few years ago but injuries haven't been kind

I watched Weiss for Espanyol against Malaga last night, when he got the ball he was the best player on the pitch besides Santi Cazorla, a Spanish international on Malaga's team. The problem is like Johnson he doesn't involve himself nearly enough so it's all flashes rather than regular impact. He easily disappears from games but if he was a constant presence his value would skyrocket.

Boyata, Guidetti, and Abu are the three with the most chance of making it - the club rates all three highly and Boyata was doing well at Bolton but is out injured for 6 weeks now. Most of the others have little to no chance. Players like McGivern, Cunningham, Elabdellaoui, Mee, and Benali are as good as gone. Trippier is a Premier League right-back in the making and really good but has little chance with the depth we have at right-back. Ibrahim looked a prospect two years ago but stalled and with the emergence of Razak looks to have not much chance either. We'd all love Johnno to make it but are clinging to a small hope at this point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.