Are any of our loanees going to make it?

I don't see Boyata making it to be honest, I think Kolo will be gone sooner rather than later (Unless his form drastically improves) and we will probably buy someone to challenge Lescott / Savic for the future.

Would love to be proved wrong though and he's only young so fingers crossed I'm talking shit!

really hoping trippier makes it with us, saying that apart form richards no one else has which is sad

I don't think any will make it. It's sad but with all our money it's unlikely any of these youth players would be a better option than another complete player we can buy.

Anthony_18 said:
Why had no-one mentioned Jeremy Helen?

Well he hasn't been very impressive for the EDS and has ended up on the bench at times lately. He has lots of pace and skill but his end product is really inconsistent. Let's hope this loan to Carlisle helps him out.

Bobby seems to rate Abdul...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...City-midfielder-Abdul-Razak-new-contract.html

Manchester City midfielder Razak rewarded with new contract

By Sami Mokbel

Last updated at 2:00 PM on 1st November 2011

Manchester City have underlined their commitment to youth development by agreeing a new two-and-a-half year deal with starlet Abdul Razak.

The 18-year-old, who is currently on loan at Championship club Portsmouth, is highly-rated by Roberto Mancini and his backroom team.
Razak made his debut in February’s 3-0 win over West Bromwich, coming on as a late substitute.

And the talented midfielder, who was born in the Ivory Coast, has continued his City development this term by making three more appearances - including two starts in the Carling Cup.

And Etihad Stadium chiefs have rewarded the teenager with a new contact that will expire in the summer of 2013.

The news to extend Razak’s deal comes on the back of City announcing plans to build a new state-of-the-art youth training complex as they look to produce more home grown talent.

1. Greg Cunningham - Nottingham Forest

Could make it at City, Mancini has seen enough in him to play him in the Premier League, Europe League, FA Cup and the Carling Cup, this is his second loan to Championship club, with Leicester fans being very impressed with him in his first loan.

Added with some rumours of Kolarov going back to Italy, then there maybe be room for Greg Cunningham yet.

2. Dedryck Boyata - Bolton Wanderers

Probably one the most likely players to make it with City. Currently impressing at Bolton, despite his injury. Can play centre back and right back which may work in his favour.

He has also played internationally with Belgium, and with Kolo in his 30's and Lescott pushing 30, Boyata may be needed in the future.

3. Vladi Weiss - Espanyol

You cant argue with his CV, played half a season in the Premier League with Bolton, played a full season with Rangers in the SPL and Champions League, winning some silverware, and currently making impressive cameo's in La Liga, also has been to a World Cup with Slovakia.

Despite this some would describe him as having stalled in his progress and not actually reached the potential he was meant to, which is a shame as he could have been the best academy graduate.

4. Alex Nimely - Middlesbrough

Alot has been said about Alex. Started against Juve in the Europa League last season and impressed. However in my opinion Alex will not be good enough, Guidetti is already looking better despite a year younger, Harry Bunn looks a decent prospect, as does Jordi Hiwula, Luca Scapuzzi and Devante Cole, so unfortunatly Alex is one who I think wont make it.

5. Abdi Ibrahim - NEC Nijmegen

Could have been the next Vieira, now looks like the next Gelson Fernandes, promised alot with his impressive debut against Scunthorpe however his progress has stalled some what and the Eredivisie now seems to be his level unfortunatley.

6. Abdul Razak - Portsmouth

Looking at his performances of late it is staggering to learn that this fella is still only 18! (19 on the 11th of November) could eventually be Yaya Toure's heir with his box-to-box mentality, hopefully will improve even more with his loan deal to Portsmouth and come back to offer some cover while Yaya is away on international duty.

7. Ben Mee - Burnley

I think we need to treat Ben more like a 19 year old rather than a 22 year old. He could potentially make it with us and will be a Premier League defender in the future, his Leicester loan spell was very impressive and although he has got off to a slow start with Burnley he is starting to improve.

8. Lloris Karius - Mainz

Only 18 years old and is making the bench for a Bundesliga team, with Stuart Taylor's contract up at the end of the season and uncertainty over whether we'll make Pantilimon's loan permanent then Lloris could definatley make it with us.

9. Ryan McGivern - Bristol City

He's found his level, less said the better.

10. Kieran Trippier - Burnley

Like Ben Mee he may not be ready until he is 23, and by which time Pablo will be 29 so maybe Kieran could come back in and offer Micah some competition. If not then good luck Kieran and we will probably see you in the Premier League some time soon, maybe even England.

11. Reece Wabara - Ipswich

Like Boyata Reece's versatility may work in his favour. He has shown he has the pace and strength to cope with the top level, now he needs to show at Ipswich that he has the mental and technical ability to compete at the top level. He has only made 3 substitute appearances as yet so I will reserve judgement.

12. Omar Elabdellaoui - Stromsgodset

I dont know much about him to be honest, however like Mohammed Abu, he seems to be impressing in Norway so there may be a chance for the hard working central midfielder yet.

13. John Guidetti - Feyenoord

This fella will make it, next season as 4th striker after Tevez has hopefully gone, and then only upwards for the Swedish poacher.

14. Jeremy Helan - Carlisle

Should have been able to make it with us, personally I feel people like Scott Sellars and Andy Welsh should be to blame for Helan not making it with us.

15. Mohammed Abu - Stromsgodset

The next Nigel de Jong, only he has a very good eye for a pass, when he gets his visa he will no doubt be put straight into the squad.

16. Ahmad Benali - Rochdale

Creative midfielder, if you'd have asked me 2 years ago could he make it at City I would have said unequivocally yes, however now its more of a maybe due to injuries, the poor fella.

17. Razak Nuhu - Stromsgodset

Errr........no?

Pughie said:
15. Mohammed Abu - Stromsgodset

The next Nigel de Jong, only he has a very good eye for a pass, when he gets his visa he will no doubt be put straight into the squad.

Don't know much about this guy, like De Jong but with eye for a pass? Hold old is he/where did he come from?

Abu is only 19 and came from the Right to Dream academy in Ghana, plus was recently called up for the Ghana national team after his excellent form in Norway. We trial the Right to Dream academy's best regularly (quite a few recently came over on trial) and pick the most promising such as Abu and Abdul Razak Nuhu (the "other" Abdul Razak that no one knows much about but he is 20).

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.righttodream.com/football.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.righttodream.com/football.aspx</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.