Are City a better all round team without Haaland?

I've been saying for nigh on a year that he is physically degrading, his talent for the exceptional will always be with him.

The extra legs yesterday of Bernie and Foden in the middle were telling. Kev's high-risk reward can only be supplemented by high energy in the middle of the pitch to account for the turnover he gives up.

Kev would be perfect in a team that passes far quicker, but we don't, and it's even more required if Kev is playing.

Even when Kev was at his peak, we looked a very different animal winning the title when he was out injured and Bernardo was filling the role.

Perhaps that's why we are in for Bellingham?
The elephant in the room is Gundo though, you just can’t play him and Kev in the same team any more, it’s suicidal.

I would say whether we are a better team or not will be measured by how many trophies we win, regardless of how many goals Haaland scores.

I don't think that it is Haaland...
It is Kev. His fitness fails a cliff.
Without stirring the pot anyone paying attention could see the difference in pace and legs with Foden and Bernardo in the middle vs. KDB and Gundo. It's not a matter of better or worse for me there. It's a matter of when KDB and Gundo are leggy it fucks up the whole set up. Those guys need much more rotation than they've been getting to be at peak form.

Without stirring the pot anyone paying attention could see the difference in pace and legs with Foden and Bernardo in the middle vs. KDB and Gundo. It's not a matter of better or worse for me there. It's a matter of when KDB and Gundo are leggy it fucks up the whole set up. Those guys need much more rotation than they've been getting to be at peak form.

Hopefully both will remain rested until the derby. That's a week and a half rest.

Maybe put Haaland in the team last 2 years.

Take him out of this year's team and we would not have a chance.

We have to involve Erling more which sounds ridiculous seeing as he's scored 27 goals already. The last three or four he's started though he's been way off it, not helped by nobody giving him anything to feed off. We need another Merlin to thread the balls through then the prospect is frightening
Phil Foden is no Merlin but I think he’s more at home playing centrally and would benefit Haaland.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.