Are City a better all round team without Haaland?

I think the end result though is that it’s a quicker ball into the box most times so potentially a quicker turn over, I don’t have a problem with that as at least the fullbacks are more likely to be in a position to deal with counter attacks, but I think Pep very likely sees it differently .
I’m just completely baffled by it. Used to be it was safest place to lose the ball dribbling in the final 3rd or into the oppositions box because the team was set to press so well. Or just logically the opposition are so far from goal. Instead we’re just playing slow and sometimes monotonous football. We still lose the ball and get countered as will always be the case for top teams going for a win every week. It’s like he’s after 99% control and it’s impossible.

As shown when Rodri played a poor pass against Everton it happens no matter how good you’re. I’d have preferred Rico to have been playing as a fullback as one he might have been able to get back and 2 he could have linked up more with Mahrez and we know how good he can be when he’s got a player overlapping to provide a decoy. Instead Rico(who looks superb) is in midfield playing 10/15 yard passes probably perfectly to instruction making it even more congested and narrow. Strikes me of worrying too much about largely inferior sides than going for it and it’s simply not working.

We aren't creating enough chances at the moment
Apart from the fa cup against Chelsea we arnt as fluid
Very little to do with Haaland IMO. Much more to do with far too many players being out of form.

Foden has been pretty awful for several weeks now. Cancelo stinks the place out regularly. Walker's performance against Chelsea was an outlier - he's been very, very poor in the games surrounding it. Palmer looks like he's lost the plot. KDB runs his socks off and generally plays "OK" - with perhaps a moment of brilliance here and there - but is a shadow of how he can be. And defensively, we're all over the place, chopping and changing.

None of this is Haaland's fault.

We don’t get the ball forward quick or often enough to the centre forward, whoever that is, to truly get the benefit of their strengths. Even at 0-2 last night and with little time left we still pass it religiously back and forth across the back 4 and keeper

We don’t get the ball forward quick or often enough to the centre forward, whoever that is, to truly get the benefit of their strengths. Even at 0-2 last night and with little time left we still pass it religiously back and forth across the back 4 and keeper
And TBF, we've been doing that for years. Before Pep arrived even we were crying out for someone with pace to run in behind... not that there is usually any "behind" to run into with most of the teams we play against.

No, I am just firmly of the opinion that the root cause of our troubles at the moment is very simple: too many players are just playing shite and they need to snap out of it, and fast.

And TBF, we've been doing that for years. Before Pep arrived even we were crying out for someone with pace to run in behind... not that there is usually any "behind" to run into with most of the teams we play against.

No, I am just firmly of the opinion that the root cause of our troubles at the moment is very simple: too many players are just playing shite and they need to snap out of it, and fast.
Too many players are out of form but history has shown in the seasons when we’ve rotated the defence we’ve struggled more compared to those when it’s been more settled…this season there seems to be more unnecessary rotation than needed.

Too many players are out of form but history has shown in the seasons when we’ve rotated the defence we’ve struggled more compared to those when it’s been more settled…this season there seems to be more unnecessary rotation than needed.
I don't disagree with that but I am not sure our frailties in defence can be blamed for our lack of opportunities at the other end of the pitch. In 50% of our away games, we've managed 1 goal or less.

Very little to do with Haaland IMO. Much more to do with far too many players being out of form.

Foden has been pretty awful for several weeks now. Cancelo stinks the place out regularly. Walker's performance against Chelsea was an outlier - he's been very, very poor in the games surrounding it. Palmer looks like he's lost the plot. KDB runs his socks off and generally plays "OK" - with perhaps a moment of brilliance here and there - but is a shadow of how he can be. And defensively, we're all over the place, chopping and changing.

None of this is Haaland's fault.
Agree with most of that apart from KDB has been OK, at times he's been the worse player on the pitch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.