Are City a better all round team without Haaland?

Pressure is off for me personally. I don’t expect us to win every match now or go on an unbeaten run. Go back to basics and play our football. Nothing else matters at the moment.

Need to find ourselves. Start with a collective press and quick accurate passing. Not fussed who starts and that includes Haaland or Kev.

The only thing Pep needs to do now is reset. Rest players who are mentally shot. Give the squad players a proper run out to see who can make it with us.

Anything but continue down this pass for the sake of passing. We ain’t winning games by walking about until the opposition scores or by letting them line up with 11 players behind the ball and expecting our wingers to dribble past them. No wonder our creative spark is gone. Hard to break down two banks of 5 each match.

I feel sorry for Erling, and imo anyone who thinks we are better without him needs their head testing.
Agreed. Unlock his full potential (and we have the players to do that) and we instantly become the best team on the planet and win all competitions including CL

I dont even enjoy watching us anymore,our football has become so predictable and boring.

Long gone are the days when we used to sing 'we'll score when we want'

We need big change,and that starts at the top.

Pep needs someone next to him to tell him a few home truths, I suspect losing Arteta and Lillo has also had an impact.

Borrell is happy to be a part of the furniture after being everything under the sun since Pep came, Maresca is probably just grateful because he fucked off and then we brought him back.

A combination of circumstances are now having a negative impact, but the league is still there for this season and yesterday's injustice could create the siege mentality we need to fuck off the coasting approach.

The World Cup and sheer intensity of the the last couple of years have already been eluded to by Pep.

However, we have to adapt to Haaland, not the other way around. That's what happens when you buy an elite player off the top shelf.

Our football approach has been sussed, just a surprise it took so long.

We need to be more willing to give up more possession to teams by taking more risks, getting the ball into Haaland far quicker and also hitting the spaces. Let us use more his sheer physicality and pace.

Pep isn't going to do that, but that's what it is going to take. Teams are now able to stay in games.

Whereas before we used to get one and then go for the jugular, we now try to manage the game and we get results like yesterday and against Everton.

Pep needs someone next to him to tell him a few home truths, I suspect losing Arteta and Lillo has also had an impact.

Borrell is happy to be a part of the furniture after being everything under the sun since Pep came, Maresca is probably just grateful because he fucked off and then we brought him back.

A combination of circumstances are now having a negative impact, but the league is still there for this season and yesterday's injustice could create the siege mentality we need to fuck off the coasting approach.

The World Cup and sheer intensity of the the last couple of years have already been eluded to by Pep.

However, we have to adapt to Haaland, not the other way around. That's what happens when you buy an elite player off the top shelf.

We need to be more willing to give up more possession to teams by taking more risks, getting the ball into Haaland far quicker and also hitting the spaces. Let us use more his sheer physicality and pace.

Pep isn't going to do that, but that's what it is going to take. Teams are now able to stay in games.

Whereas before we used to get one and then go for the jugular, we now try to manage the game and we get results like yesterday and against Everton.
Get the chequebook out, and buy a decent left back, a fast winger and Bellingham.

We are very much on the same page.

So true, I posted in the post match thread how Haaland wasnt passed to on numerous occasions .
The pass was on and he was on his way but the pass wasn't made, surely pep needs to work on this.

So true, I posted in the post match thread how Haaland wasnt passed to on numerous occasions .
The pass was on and he was on his way but the pass wasn't made, surely pep needs to work on this.
The one that annoyed me the most was in the first half when Bernie had an easy ball on to just loft it over their back 4 as Erling had already started his run, he saw the ball was on but just chose to play a 10 yard pass to the nearest player.

Infuriating.

I agree with all of what you have said here. The problem is your second to the last paragraph. If Pep isn't going to do that, what does that mean and where do we go?
Will we be stuck with the same 60% possession every game with the majority of those passes between the centre backs and then back to Ederson?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.