Are the Players to Blame? Not Hughes?

gray27

Tonight I got the feeling that a few of the players don't want to be playing for City.

I am a bit hesitant to say this but is it really Hughes who is the problem.

At the end of the day on paper our team looks quality but when watching them they have not got that quality.

So Are Some Players To Blame Instead of Hughes being told OUT??

Hughes bought the players, Hughes picks the squad, Hughes takes training, Hughes gives the pre-match and half-time team talks, the buck stops with him.

gray27 said:
Tonight I got the feeling that a few of the players don't want to be playing for City.

I am a bit hesitant to say this but is it really Hughes who is the problem.

At the end of the day on paper our team looks quality but when watching them they have not got that quality.

So Are Some Players To Blame Instead of Hughes being told OUT??

Go take a look at leadership and management in a dictionary then think about your question again.

I think players were to blame, but Hughes needs to take responsibility.

We've got a great team on paper, but they don't seem to give a shit. They should be performing wherever Hughes tells them to play, if they play well then yeah you can blame Hughes, but they just ain't.

The players are letting Hughes down, not the other way around.

Congratulations. You just made me laugh out loud. No mean achievement that tonight.

we did not win one header until Santa Cruz came on, but that did not stop us punting the fucking ball in the air for 75 minutes. If Shay Given is continually hoofing the ball then it`s either he`s under instructions and then it`s the coaching staff`s fault. And if it`s against instructions why the fuck isn`t Hughes & Co bollocking him and telling him to build it from the back.
The style of football in that first half was dross and we looked more like Blackburn or Bolton than a top 4 team.

As a Spurs fan, yes I'm happy with the result but I do feel that you came to WHL thinking it would be easy especially after we gave away the Everton game and then the Wolves game. So who is to blame? I would say both manager and players. Sparky is paid to deal with things like tactics but also lack of confidence and (as I saw it tonight) over confidence.

Thanks for the game!!

I think it's a fair point. These are the same bunch who wanted to die for the shirt against Chelsea, so the 'leadership and man-management' question hanging over Hughes's head is less valid. Apart from playing de Jong in the first instance, who in my eyes looked jaded and unable to keep up with play for the most (obviously still not over swine flu), then I don't think Hughes did much wrong. The Tottenham players looked more hungry and hassled us on the ball much more than we did them. Surely the players on the filed have to stand up and take some responsibility. The likes of Barry, Adebayor and Robinho are players of immense talent but they are just not firing on all cylinders right now. That's the harsh reality - players wander in and out of form and let's all be honest, with the exception of Barry who has shocked me with his lack of guile, we knew that when we bought them.

Of course it's fair to say that Hughes is the man who brings these players in, but I do wonder when the same people rollicking Hughes for his inept management are the same people willing to turn a blind eye to some truly absymal performances by the players.

In short I think the blame for tonight's debacle has to be split twelve ways!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.