are u bothered if we have no english players in the team

A A

Anonymous

there is a big chance that we could have no english players in the starting 11 would you be bothered

I wouldn't be bothered, but I highly doubt we will play a single game without an English player this season...

Hart, Richards, Barry, Milner, Johnson and probably SWP will all feature regularly, I should think..

I would also like an English backbone in the team, but I'm one of those who gives a damn about the national team and have long wanted us to produce a star striker for England (oh Danny boy...).

With Joe, Micah, Lescott, Barry, Milner, A. Johnson, M. Johnson (fitness and form willing), and Shauny still here, surely the English backbone will be there this season. There's also Nimely who could be close to a breakthrough and is representing England despite being born in Liberia.

no - but i don't think it will be the case anyway. Hart, Lescott, Johnson, Barry & Milner are going to form the core of the team for next 2 years IMO

Not one iota.

We didn't have any English players in the last Maine Road derby and I don't recall anybody wringing their hands over that!

bored at work said:
no - but i don't think it will be the case anyway. Hart , Lescott- , Johnson, Barry & Milner are going to form the core of the team for next 2 years IMO

maybe but it will more probably be given for hart
toure/ boateng for lescott
de jong/ toure for barry
milner will probs start
johnson might

only one of the players you mentioned is a definite starter, milner

Not bothered at all, things are different compared to when we won the title with an all-English first choice XI in 1968. Don't forget England were world champions at the time so it wasn't being arrogant to assume that the better players were English - that no longer applies so we have to bring in the best players from wherever to be successful.

Hart
Boateng K. Toure Lescott Kolarov
Y. toure Barry
Milner A. Johnson
Tevez
Adebayor

would do for me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.