are u bothered if we have no english players in the team

felixbg said:
didnt we have no english player in the side that beat united 3-1? ...

city > england for me everyday of the week so wouldnt bother me in the slightest. wouldnt care if we had 11 martians playing for us tbh so long as it meant winning something

Yes, the starting XI had 2 Danes, 2 Cameroonians, and one each from Australia, Rep. of Ireland, France, Holland, Israel, China and of course Bermuda!

although it wouldnt happen, it would bother me. just feel we should have an english spine to our squad. thankfully we do though

well over a decade since another club was the first to do it so no not bothered

we were the last great all-english side so we can hold our heads up high on this one

Doesn't bother me too much, just would be nice if we had some in there :) In the last derby at Maine Road, we didn't have any Englishmen in there I don't think!

Yes. I despise when i see the Arsenal team and its all foreign.

Hart
Boeteng
Kolarov
Toure
Lescott
De Jong
Yaya
Milner
Silva
Tevez
Ade

Vienna_70 said:
Not one iota.

We didn't have any English players in the last Maine Road derby and I don't recall anybody wringing their hands over that!

This sums up the whole hypocrisy of the situation. We sign David Silva, a top top player, someone with no English equivalent, and we're ruining the chances of English players. On the same day, Everton took two very cheap 20 year olds from Spain, and no-one bats an eyelid.

I care about who plays for our club but it has nothing to do with passports, everything to do with ambition, and the willingness to accept their responsibilities towards the club.

Vinnie Kompany means infinitely more to me than a (purely hypothetical) surly, complacent lad from London who has a few caps.

Surely with the 8 home-grown players rule this is a bit of a moot point...?

On balance I'd prefer us to have some rather than none, but that's just a gut instinct and quality is what really counts in the end.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.