are villa taking the proverbial

fathellensbellend said:
nice to see we are paying 41 quid stuck in the corner, while villa are charging their own fans 20 quid to sit in the stand opposite with a near identical view to the one we are getting.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~3081505,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0 ... 05,00.html</a>

by the rules they are technically not breaking any, but morally it totally stinks.
Just had a quick decko at the Villa site above, its saying the tickets are on general (open) sale and one person can buy up to six tickets in the Trinity stand at £20 each !!!! I have a friend who`s a season ticket holder at Villa and i`ve been with him in the home end a few times with absolutely no problems being a City fan, if I could get to this game thats exactly where i`d be, why pay £41 when you can pay less than half that, i usually take my wife and daughter so to me its a no brainer i`d be saving £63 ... Always liked Villa but they are taking the piss with this one.

Why Always Ste said:
Because you're willing to pay it

it ain't rocket science.

Sadly,this man knows his onions.
Supply and demand,innit?
Basic economic theory - an item is worth what the highest bidder will pay.
Yes,they are taking the piss,because they know they can.
We may not like it,but it's called Capitalism,and it's going to be around for the foreseeable future.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Why Always Ste said:

it ain't rocket science.

Supply and demand,innit?
We may not like it,but it's called Capitalism,and it's going to be around for the foreseeable future.

eating human flesh is wrong

bluemc1 said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Why Always Ste said:

it ain't rocket science.

Supply and demand,innit?

eating human flesh is wrong
Er; who's eating human flesh?

Back on topic; I suppose you can't blame Villa for milking the cash cow. Face it; they're not going to be able to charge the same next season in the Championship!

Still £12 cheaper than we charge our own members for tickets at some games at home.
ALL ticket prices need to come down to a more realistic level, & even at £41 I would expect Villa to be able to get the full allocation sold to City fans as people will be looking to keep their point high with two potential trips to wembley and the trip to trafford.

People will still do what they can to afford away days, but by refusing to buy anything inside the ground, at least the profit of the home club can be reduced somewhat.

law74 said:
Still £12 cheaper than we charge our own members for tickets at some games at home.
ALL ticket prices need to come down to a more realistic level, & even at £41 I would expect Villa to be able to get the full allocation sold to City fans as people will be looking to keep their point high with two potential trips to wembley and the trip to trafford.

People will still do what they can to afford away days, but by refusing to buy anything inside the ground, at least the profit of the home club can be reduced somewhat.
Yep. Actually; it's £15 cheaper. Lat week I booked my ticket for the barcodes game on Easter weekend; £56 for a level 2 seat in the East Stand.

jimharri said:
law74 said:

Yep. Actually; it's £15 cheaper. Lat week I booked my ticket for the barcodes game on Easter weekend; £56 for a level 2 seat in the East Stand.

I looked at the prices for the Newcastle game and was surprised at the cost. Can't remember paying more than £42 for a game before. Like someone said above it is about supply and demand........and City are seeming to be pushing the prices up now. Suppose it all counts, revenue wise towards FFP etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.