Are We All A Bunch Of Hypocrites ?

Bill Walker

Team supported
City
I mean we all are concerned about pollution and the destruction of our planet, but we thinks its fine to drive cars, some of us extra big polluting cars, and some of us take 2 hours to get to work because of traffic jams, should we do that if were 'really' concerned ?
Dont a lot of us love Animals and the natural world yet we would quite happily enjoy a slice of Venison or Veal and not give a 2nd thought where it came from ?
Dont we slam animal cruelty but take our kids to Zoo's where animals are kept as prisoners 24/7 in a totally unnatural environment for profit, or keep birds in a cage or fish in a small tank of tap water for our own amusement ?
Dont we all love our huge tv's and tech for the cheapest possible price not caring or thinking about who worked in the factory or what conditions they worked in ?

Thousands of tons of manufactured shite goes into land fills caused by Christmas (the extra crap millions of people fill their trolleys with) plus all the electricity reqd to make it but would we happily cancel it and change our ways ? Probably not.

I mean we all are concerned about pollution and the destruction of our planet, but we thinks its fine to drive cars, some of us extra big polluting cars, and some of us take 2 hours to get to work because of traffic jams, should we do that if were 'really' concerned ?
Dont a lot of us love Animals and the natural world yet we would quite happily enjoy a slice of Venison or Veal and not give a 2nd thought where it came from ?
Dont we slam animal cruelty but take our kids to Zoo's where animals are kept as prisoners 24/7 in a totally unnatural environment for profit, or keep birds in a cage or fish in a small tank of tap water for our own amusement ?
Dont we all love our huge tv's and tech for the cheapest possible price not caring or thinking about who worked in the factory or what conditions they worked in ?

Thousands of tons of manufactured shite goes into land fills caused by Christmas (the extra crap millions of people fill their trolleys with) plus all the electricity reqd to make it but would we happily cancel it and change our ways ? Probably not.

We are going to consume our way into some sort of Mad Max like existence and we're only going to care when it's all gone.

Yes, you are a hypocrite.

Basically, people are cunts.

Fuck me, you sound as if you're getting henpecked of the mrs nimrod; )

Just Realised those massive cruise ships aren't solar powered?

I am a hypocrite about lots of things, but most people are.

I’ve always been very conscious about littering and the recent Blue Planet has made me angry, in terms of what we’re doing to the oceans, but as a relatively well-off western male consumer I’m very much part of the problem in relation to pollution of our planet, and don’t really want to change my lifestyle, if I can avoid it.

I’m starting to come to the conclusion that humanity is an absolute stain on this planet, by dint of our intelligence and greed.

I like people, I really do, but as a species we’re a bunch of cunts, really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.