Are We Better Than Liverpool?

Frank the Yank

I have seen Liverpool a few times this season and they dont scare me much. Their defense against Hull didnt look that solid. Even when that game was @ 3-1, I thought Hull could come back into it. Only Torres' brilliance and Hull capitualtion made it such a huge scoreline.

Also just watched the Fiorentina match. They huffed and puffed when they were 2-0 down and nothing happened. Now granted they played away to Fiorentina and we play West Ham at home. Pretty big gap in competiton but some of the stuff we played was sublime.

They brought on Babel and Vorinin-boy is he shit!! Who might we have on our bench on Monday?? Depending on whom Leslie starts it could be the likes of-Rocky,and pick a couple of the following, Ireland, SWP, Petrov, Bellers, Jonno, Richards. Thats a much better bench.

Aside from their Big Two, I dont think I would want any of theirs over any of ours. The only thing thats going to screw us up is consistency. I know its a new team with a new attitude but I cannot help thinking about what Man City have historically been about....

yes i think we are, they have played 2 decent teams and lost both times - villa + spuds.

I thought if we were going to get into the top 4 at the beginning of the season we would dislodge arsenal but the way things are going i think it might be liverpool.

Yes we are, for me our starting 11 and squad is better too. For me Liverpool revolve around Gerrard and Torres! If 1 of them are below par they get turned over more often than not

I think in a player for player comparison we would look good against them. However, I would suggest that if we came up against them right now Torres would give us a hell of a time and might just be the point of difference to get them over the line.

Overall we have a better squad easily - i think they would admit that themselves.

For all the stars we have thet have Gerrard and Torres who are above anything we currently have and they can win games single handedly. I don't think we have that - but i don't think it is necessary to win the league. The best team is not necessarily the best individuals.

I fancy us above Liverpool and Arsenal this season but i must add this is ourely based on the little evidence we have see this season so is only an early view

They have a £20m signing to come into the frame very soon

We're not as good as Liverpool. Look at the amount of possession we give away?!

Almost ALL of the top four struggle at the begining of the season with a few dodgy results, but what people failt to see is that they improve drastically as the season goes on.

Also our bench when everyone is back will be very strong, i would only take Gerrard +Torres im sure if they had a choice they would take a lot of our team.

IMO they r better. we got better squad. they gt big game players. face it they hav 2nd best mid in tge world (behind xavi) gerrad. best forward in world torres. top defenders in carra and skrtel. and well rafa has got them playing his style of football. took hm 4 yrs but so be it.

early days for us. we hav potential to become better

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.