Are we missing a leader??

have felt we have missing a leader on the pitch all season, however I feel with Bobby Manc as opposed to lesley we are today a little less in need, although still in need

Kompany really is our leader.

This guy in my opinion is one of the best central defenders in the league. With Toure next to him they kept clean sheet after clean sheet. Toure is now back from Africa and lets hope they carry on from where they left off. Let Lescott go out to the left side of defence and with Richards we have the making of a half decent defence.

Kompany rules.

Mossy said:
Kompany really is our leader.

This guy in my opinion is one of the best central defenders in the league. With Toure next to him they kept clean sheet after clean sheet. Toure is now back from Africa and lets hope they carry on from where they left off. Let Lescott go out to the left side of defence and with Richards we have the making of a half decent defence.

Kompany rules.

I agree with the defence, but not sure he would become a leader

51kippax said:
As the question states, are we missing a leader on the pitch?

Who in the current City team is a natural leader?

Are we missing that leader when, we concede and the heads are all down, that leader gets amonst the players to lift them. Are we missing that leader when, in victory or defeat, home or away, will rally the players, to applaude the fans who have travelled to support the team.

Some teams have this kind of leader. If City had this kind of leader, would we be a stronger unit.

Look at successful teams in recent years: Barca, United, Liverpool - all have a core of players in their trophy winning squads of local lads! Barca have about 12 out of their squad who are Catalan!, Giggs Scholes Beckham Butt Nevilles, and the best example in Steven Gerrard at Liverpool! is this something we lack!? Arsenal do!

Also when Fletcher and Scholes were kickin the shit out of our lads last night we didn't have anyone on the pitch who could go up to them and quietly but assertively say in their ears "you fuckin foul Shauny Wright like that again you little prick, I'll fuckin break you in half!" see Robson Keane Viera Shearer Souness etc all in successful teams! is it a coincidence!?

We lack proper Mancunians in the team who'd die for the shirt - think ONLY Nedum is Mancunian in the whole squad!! and a leader of men! Gerrard can drive Liverpool forward and win games on his own! Rooney is gettin to this level now!

ooh off this topic a bit but wouldn't it be a nice touch to ease our sorrows from lastnight for Mancini to offer £50million for Rooney before this window shuts, just to bring our finincial power back into the fore and take the shine off their win!!!

The InvisiBLUE Man said:
NDJ or Vinnie could do it now, or certainly grow into the role, I reckon.

Possibly! for a 24 year old I think Vincent has shown that he is such a high quality player! Hamburg at home last year he was te best player on the pitch, and in the 2 legs against United he really has stepped up his game! more to come and there's no way anyone wenhave in the squad can take his place at the back!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.