Are we the most in-form team in Europe right now?

Everyone saying "long way to go" etc obviously doesn't understand the term "form team".

At present we are and we will keep being so long as we are winning. As soon as we lose a couple of games we won't be.

My order:
1. PSG: 22 from 24 pts, no major teams beaten but dishing out beatings like their going out of fashion. Give Bayern a good kicking.

=2. City: we've certainly being doing the business, with league wins against Liverpool and away at Chelsea and 2 wins in the champs league.

=2. Napoli: 7 league wins from 7 (incl. away at Lazio) , 25 goals scored, and an incredible run of 11 lge games with 3+ goals scored (!!). CL has been ok.

4. Barca: Methodically worked their way to 9 straight wins in league and CL, conceding only 2. Gave Juventus a schooling.

Also rans: United, Borussia

Underachievers: Bayern, R Madrid, Atletico, Monaco

Last edited:
My order:
1. PSG: 22 from 24 pts, no major teams beaten but dishing out beatings like their going out of fashion. Give Bayern a good kicking.

=2. City: we've certainly being doing the business, with league wins against Liverpool and away at Chelsea and 2 wins in the champs league.

=2. Napoli: 7 league wins from 7 (incl. away at Lazio) , 25 goals scored, and an incredible run of 11 lge games with 3+ goals scored (!!). CL has been ok.

4. Barca: Methodically worked their way to 9 straight wins in league and CL, conceding only 2. Gave Juventus a schooling.
At this point I wouldn't put Napoli on the same level as we are. From what I have seen I don't think they have beaten any of the big guns. They also lost to Shakhtar. We've beaten the reigning English champions away from home and the only points we have dropped so far was when we were down to ten men for the majority of the game.

At this point I wouldn't put Napoli on the same level as we are. From what I have seen I don't think they have beaten any of the big guns. They also lost to Shakhtar. We've beaten the reigning English champions away from home and the only points we have dropped so far was when we were down to ten men for the majority of the game.

results on paper i'd agree with you but i've seen Napoli play 2 league games this season and they are a wonderful footballing team, i was extremely impressed. Which is why i upgraded them to equal with us. Barca's results are really solid but theyve been a little less flamboyant about it.

Napoli only lost to Shakhtar because they rested a lot of players, and even then they should have won but butchered some big chances at the end. Potentially underestimated Shakhtar, as a lot of City fans did before our game.

Pep said they were one of the 3 best sides in Europe, and he's not far off, they're definitely one of the most in-form teams, and Mertens at the moment is probably as good as any striker in Europe.

I can't wait for our games against them, they should be the highlight of the entire CL group stage.

Iets hope after this international break we're back playing this fantastic football , I've never seen better from us in 50 years.

You are the best team in England right now. To say you're the best in Europe is premature. I think PSG would beat you over two legs just now, after Christmas and potential additions that a harder call to make.

I think against the best you are still vulnerable at the back.

Time will tell, enjoy the ride. You lucky bastards. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.