Are we the most resilient bottle proof team in history?

Tbh mate i haven't watched the game again but we certainly didn't blow it so i put it down to a 5 minute spell of brilliance... We are capable of that ourselves btw.

I'm struggling with your response tbh. I feel like it comes more from loyalty to the lads than a cold analysis. It's not a betrayal of them to say they had a wobble, the pressure was insane but they could have handled it.

I've watched the goals back and the two goals both came from the same side. It was collective to allow Rodyrgo to head in from inside 12 yards, but ultimately it was Zinch who defended that side. We fucked it. "The most resilient team" in history wouldn't do that imo. I will always be grateful to Oleks, especially for his performance vs Villa. He could do that again and again and I'd still cheer him to the heavens. But for me, sorry, it's the cold hard truth that they bottled that game.

No shame in it tbf, they are an amazing team and we went toe to toe but just came up short. I hope Wednesday is the redemption.

I'm struggling with your response tbh. I feel like it comes more from loyalty to the lads than a cold analysis. It's not a betrayal of them to say they had a wobble, the pressure was insane but they could have handled it.

I've watched the goals back and the two goals both came from the same side. It was collective to allow Rodyrgo to head in from inside 12 yards, but ultimately it was Zinch who defended that side. We fucked it. "The most resilient team" in history wouldn't do that imo. I will always be grateful to Oleks, especially for his performance vs Villa. He could do that again and again and I'd still cheer him to the heavens. But for me, sorry, it's the cold hard truth that they bottled that game.
Don't dwell on it, it's gone. Forget what's gone and embrace what's happening now, and the future; )

These are special times we're witnessing.

I'm never convinced that it's a binary yes/no response, because either in some our most successful seasons we've occasionally dropped silly points, but been aided by our immediate rivals spectacularly imploding.

Also, (the Gerrard slip being the best example) we find ourselves rewriting history.

Everyone remembers the hysteria and Gerrard's WE DO NOT LET THIS SLIP after our 3-2 defeat at Anfield. However, it's often forgotten that the Title was still in City's hands, as we still had two games in hand.

City then blew (and almost lost) the rearranged home game v Sunderland.

Similarly, both City and United dropped silly points as 11/12 neared its climax.
Sorry to be a pedant mate but I though that was t right and had to check. After the Liverpool game we were 7 points behind with 2 games in hand.

We drew with Sunderland and won out last 6 games. Liverpool slipped up.

https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/premier-league/13-april-2014/

I agree with your general point though.

Just a reminder that the original post was talking about our premier league wins since the takeover and not Europe.(I only quoted Premier league finishes)

I was thinking I cannot remember another team when in the running at the end of the season who always got over the line.

It's literally that simple. No arrogance, not saying we haven't come up short in Europe.

In my view it shows an immense amount of bottle when the pressure is greatest.

Nice to give the team we love some much due credit sometimes. We don't get enough from anybody else.

Carry on.

After taking the absolute piss out of United, then Liverpool and now Arsenal for so many years I just can’t help but feel we’re long overdue an embarrassing humiliation in the league.

Maybe our annual acts of suicide cult tinkerings in Europe are the counterbalance.

After taking the absolute piss out of United, then Liverpool and now Arsenal for so many years I just can’t help but feel we’re long overdue an embarrassing humiliation in the league.

Maybe our annual acts of suicide cult tinkerings in Europe are the counterbalance.

The European thing has been odd, a perfect blend of dodgy decisions defensive fuckwittery and not turning up.

Sorry to be a pedant mate but I though that was t right and had to check. After the Liverpool game we were 7 points behind with 2 games in hand.

We drew with Sunderland and won out last 6 games. Liverpool slipped up.

https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/premier-league/13-april-2014/

I agree with your general point though.
Yeah you're right. Serves me right for not checking.

What confused me was that Liverpool beating City 3-2, also put the title in Chelsea's hands, as they still had to go to Anfield.
However, Chelsea lost to Sunderland the following weekend (City beat West Brom and Liverpool won at Norwich)
I think this also was the game when the Chelsea assistant Manager Rui Faria had to be restrained after the Final whistle.

Chelsea then won at Anfield, so you could argue that City, Chelsea and Liverpool all bottled it at some point or other.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.