Are you a proud / active Parent

without a doubt the worst time of my life :/. Hope you get the news you want mate. First few weeks whilst we were waiting for a diagnosis was the worst, I was a complete emotional wreck. pm if you need to vent
She's currently in Sri Lanka on her final placement for her masters physio degree. This morning she sent through a message of what's she's been doing this week with pics and how much she loved it, which was a week of paediatrics where she's been working with kids who have cerebral palsy
I was in tears

Kids eh!

She's currently in Sri Lanka on her final placement for her masters physio degree. This morning she sent through a message of what's she's been doing this week with pics and how much she loved it, which was a week of paediatrics where she's been working with kids who have cerebral palsy
I was in tears

Kids eh!
indeed, they really are for life and not just for christmas :)

Physio you say, now about my knee....

Very proud, very active. 18 year old daughter currently touring Europe by train and leaving City On Tour stickers in every city she visits, Amsterdam, Berlin, Vienna and Budapest already stickered up...Ljubljana Venice, Rome, Turin & Paris to come.

I'm a single dad as separated from my wife. Left it quite late to be a dad i'm in my early 50s and have two boys aged 7 and 9. I have them every other weekend and see them once in the week. School holidays we split the time equally, so for example i'll have them for 3 weeks over the current school summer holidays. I take them on holiday twice a year - one holiday in UK and one abroad. This year I took them to Isle of Wight and just got back from Kos (chose the right Greek Island, no wildfires and temps were bearable in early thirties).

Would consider myself a hands-on parent - encourage their activity in school clubs, do a lot of educational work with them not just the fun stuff, the eldest also has private tuition, the younger will follow soon. Their school reports are always glowing - eldest is regarded as the cleverest in his class that's in an affluent area in the home counties. Chuffed that although they have southern accents they've inherited the short vowel pronunciation from the ex and me - so they pronounce bath as BAFF and not BORTH :D They are very loving and I have an incredible bond with them despite the fact that I don't have them most of the time. Hoping to move to 50/50 custody arrangement soon.

My holiday in Kos was great but in a large hotel complex of 550 apartments I think i was the only single dad there - some awkward moments when i'd sit down for dinner and the waiting staff would ask if someone else was joining !

Last edited:
I’m active , do a lot of running, my boys also play rugby both codes, and the older one plays football .

It's funny, my wife and I were having this discussion yesterday. I am very proud. I love my kids. We have a 19 year-old who will be start second year in college in September and a 17 year-old finishing her last year of high school before college, so we will be "empty-nesters" in a year. And to be honest we can't wait. Both my kids are great though COVID was tough and my older has struggled socially though not academically; my younger is a whirling dervish, popular and very mature in a way neither of us nor my oldest were at her age. But we put a lot of time into being parents -- both of us very involved at their schools, lots and lots of family-together time, a lot of mental and emotional support when times were hard. I counted: I coached 22 different teams of theirs (mostly footy but a little baseball/softball too) between the two of them. But while parenting continues we are ready to have some time to ourselves to focus on our own relationship -- we are both looking forward to retirement and can't wait to travel together. But what we realized was that it was parental retirement we were looking forward to more than work retirement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.