Are You Doing Anything To Protest About The Latest Season Ticket Price Increase?

A lad said it in another thread (not read through this one yet, might be here too)... pick a game next season to boycott spending any money (not even 1p) in and around the stadium

I’d budgeted for a 5% increase as the club were in a very strong position after the success on the pitch this season. I am sure that seasoncards will sell out in record time so the club will feel vindicated.

I am surprised that anybody thought that there would have been a price freeze (never mind a reduction!!).

I(t doesn`t need merging it needs fucking deleting.It will just be same regurgitated posts that we`ve all read about in the 3% hike thread.
its pennies ffs. what a team we have, what a manager and what an owner. some fans are an embarrassment to our club. you want to pay 10 quid a match go and watch Bury and co.
https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/kompany-calls-cheap-tickets-and-safe-standing

Tell that to Vincent. If someone who plays the game on £millions$ a year gets it, every fan should get it as well

And £375 in seven years is not pennies, seeing about 20 mates and five family members drop away from our matchgoing support is not because of pennies. If rental prices went up that much we'd have an homelessness crisis (it's already bad) yet football clubs just say "fuck you for your loyal support" as we see players given £15m/year contracts, clubs rake in £125m+ just for getting into the top half of the Prem and sponsorship deals that would make your palms sweat.

If there were fans like you two in Germany they'd have ticket prices the same as the Premier League but one year when one club said they were going to up their SC prices by 10% large protest groups of fans from every Bundesliga club took to the streets around their own stadiums in protest against that club (can't remember which club it was now). The club backtracked! Yet here we still have these apathetic people who just bend over and take a shafting all the time, typical of this country.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I read these threads I sense an undercurrent where some who can obviously afford the price increases whatever it is come on and feel the need to bash those who cannot or simply have concerns.

It is however a difficult subject. I find myself moaning at first, then working out the increase over 19 games, then seeing what other seats cost around the ground to see if relocation is worth It, some even consider altering lifestyles. I love the cost of a pint brigade, as if anyone seriously would. Imagine you are out and have the mindset of saying, no more beer for me I have a season card to pay for!

For years I have not bought much at city such as a pint, merchandise, programmes etc. Not out of a real protest about ticket cost, more because It is all shit. The quality is not there.

But City are a product now of how football is. Never will it be changed to the good old days if they ever existed. I don't believe they did. Standards were poor years ago in terms of how we were treated. Worse in fact.

I find myself rambling because as I said it is a difficult subject.

A few final words. I chose to support the badge a while back and nothing else. That is what I see as the 'club'. The rest will come and go.

If you struggling to afford a season card stick yourself on pages like the one on Facebook. Pick and choose games. Plenty on there usually at £30. You could get to 10 games of your choice for 300. The club don't like that set up so you will be also giving a two finger salute to them

its pennies ffs. what a team we have, what a manager and what an owner. some fans are an embarrassment to our club. you want to pay 10 quid a match go and watch Bury and co.

It's not though is it Bill!

As I said earlier. The new parking restrictions has put the cost of attending up by £100, plus this season's ticket rise and next season's
So the difference between 2016/17 and next season, 18/19 is £145

I'm now at £900, so it's league games only, no cup

The other thing is that after next season there is a new kit deal which we are led to believe will bring in an extra £20M-£40M in revenue, so really, what's the point of a price rise that brings in £800K?

I’d budgeted for a 5% increase as the club were in a very strong position after the success on the pitch this season. I am sure that seasoncards will sell out in record time so the club will feel vindicated.

I am surprised that anybody thought that there would have been a price freeze (never mind a reduction!!).

City should sell as many season cards as possible. Fuck that quota business. One of the reasons there are empty seats is the cost of single match day tickets.

£58 a game average is shocking. Oh and do not forget the 2.50 phone booking fee or 1.50 online fee per ticket

A lad said it in another thread (not read through this one yet, might be here too)... pick a game next season to boycott spending any money (not even 1p) in and around the stadium

I think this would be the best idea. No one wants to boycott a game but everyone not spending any money in the ground should be organised. They are just going to keep putting them up if all we do is moan on forums about it.

City should sell as many season cards as possible. Fuck that quota business. One of the reasons there are empty seats is the cost of single match day tickets.

£58 a game average is shocking. Oh and do not forget the 2.50 phone booking fee or 1.50 online fee per ticket
Is the online fee for league games? Got a SC so didn't know that. Knew about the phone line fee though.

Fortunately I can afford the price increase and will continue supporting the club the footballs probably the best we've see ever, but I don't know whether the club see the bigger picture or are even bothered I sit or more stand in 109 and the average age around me must be 50 plus in areas of the ground you'd expect youngsters to be. If younger people can't afford to attend then slowly but surely gaps will appear or be filled for big games by people who just come to say they were there. In perspective my first season ticket was £14 and I was earning about £28 a week sadly I ain't coming out with £1630 a week now.

Whilst in the gramd scheme of things its only £20 for me , £1.20 a game or whatever, it still leaves a slightly sour taste as i just think “whats the point?”
Here's the point as I see it
I know there are accounting reasons but on a £400 mill turnover last year we made a measly £1mill. Now lots of people will tell us there is more revenue to come, they will tell us where the club can save and make more money, fine. But on other threads you will find posters telling the club to pay what it takes to renew contracts of our best players and Pep, you will find posts saying pay whatever it takes to get new players. You will find a thread asking the club to pay , what, £100 mill to extend a stand that will bring in about £2.5 mill a season, same thread fans want a shiny new wrap for the stadium.
We all want all this and the club have decided that they want fans to pay an extra £11 to £27 / season towards it. You may think they should raise that bit extra other ways that's up to you but those behind the club must believe that's a fair share, I won't protest against that it's not like we make huge profits and the extra money is being pocketed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.