Are You Officially Priced Out Yet, Or Almost?

jrb

Carrying on from the Liverpool at Home... FROM £57 thread.

To their credit City love surveys. It's how they get their feedback from the fans and make decisions.

So here's your chance.

As a season ticket holder I'm not priced out yet. However, my season ticket is now £690.(I'll have to double check that) That is still a fair price in my opinion. However, if season ticket prices keep on going up annually as they have been, I will have to either start saving up for my season ticket, or start making sacrifices just to afford it.

I'm currently in all the cup schemes, but depending on the CL ticket prices this season, I may have to opt out of the COC or FA Cup schemes.

If I wasn't a season ticket holder I honestly don't think I could or would pay £50+ for a match ticket. And that would be on top of a Cityzens card, as well as paying for the 3 cup competitions. Even though I'm on a decent wage. I couldn't justify that outlay over 9 months.

So, no, not yet, but I'm starting to feel the pinch. And if that happens, City will lose out in the end as I won't attend matches.(in the cup competitions)

I can comfortably afford my season ticket at the moment, but there will come a time, in the not too distant future, when I can do things that bring more enjoyment than watching City, at a lower cost.

At the end of the day, the club, for all that statement is worth, are only interested in selling seats at the highest price they can get, and if that means you or I don't go anymore, then so be it. There will be tourists by the coachload buying seats, lapping up City square, and spending their dosh in the souvenir shop.

I don't know about you, but all I do is go to the game, watch the match, and go home. It's what I've always done, and that will never change.

They can try and monetise me all they like, but it will never work.

I guess I'm not the kind of supporter they want, but they are stuck with me for the moment.

Same as you jrb, however I have to factor in travel, near-on 500 mile round trip every home game.

One lad has had to drop out already meaning only three in the car, plus I pay for my sons SC (adult).

It's becoming unaffordable for me, I used to do loads of away games too, just can't afford to any more.

I'll be just doing half a dozen homes and similar aways within two years I think. Maybe a euro away if I can get a ticket too.

As yourself Jrb, I wouldn't pay that kind of price for a single match ticket (unless it was a one off event in a Semi/Final)

I can budget for my SC as of now due to the Direct Debit scheme the club introduced.
if this was to go - I'd contemplate spending the £580 on something else.

The SC is reasonable in price, but I don't have many outgoings such as kids etc.

if or when my life changes soon with the introduction of children, mortgages and so on then the SC will be gone.

Not just yet but it's reaching a point where things have to be considered. I signed up for the cup schemes even though I'm not sure if I'll be able to afford the European one on top of the rest - I'll pull myself off it if so. I absolutely hate missing any home game but the combined price of it all is ridiculous. I sacrifice most luxuries for City but even that may not be enough anymore.

Since City no longer have a social conscience and view me and all of us as exploitable customers, I no longer buy food, drink or merchandise at the stadium. I now take my own drink (bottled + back pocket to stop them trying to take it), go without food, and stick to cheaper retro shirts from places like Campo Retro instead of the overpriced Nike garbage. Over the course of a season, that's quite a lot of money saved. A few years ago I would happily have contributed to the club coffers in those ways, but that's before the soulless executives turned us into the second coming of United.

LoveCity said:
Not just yet but it's reaching a point where things have to be considered. I signed up for the cup schemes even though I'm not sure if I'll be able to afford the European one on top of the rest - I'll pull myself off it if so. I absolutely hate missing any home game but the combined price of it all is ridiculous. I sacrifice most luxuries for City but even that may not be enough anymore.

Since City no longer have a social conscience and view me and all of us as exploitable customers, I no longer buy food, drink or merchandise at the stadium. I now take my own drink (bottled + back pocket to stop them trying to take it), go without food, and stick to cheaper retro shirts from places like Campo Retro instead of the overpriced Nike garbage. Over the course of a season, that's quite a lot of money saved. A few years ago I would happily have contributed to the club coffers in those ways, but that's before the soulless executives turned us into the second coming of United.

Well said LC... I stopped buying any official merchandise due to the cost, limit the amount of money I now spend at the stadium and as much as I hate missing home games I'm no longer in any cup schemes (choosing to go to the odd FA/League cup match based on who we get and how it's priced)

Why Always Ste said:
LoveCity said:

Well said LC... I stopped buying any official merchandise due to the cost, limit the amount of money I now spend at the stadium and as much as I hate missing home games I'm no longer in any cup schemes (choosing to go to the odd FA/League cup match based on who we get and how it's priced)

so sad, to see older blues pubically stating they are priced out.
I,m sorry but that is so sad.
me...that day wont be long away. keep telling myself yaya silva Sergio....you know what? I was happier on the kippaxx slagging off Kenny clements.on the terrace.....but that's just me.
unless terraces come back and prices come down I will turn my back on football. fuck it. sitting down on a plastic seat for the last howevever many years.....get to fuck. its not football. not as I knew it.

I think we should have a lottery for every ticket for every game.

For example, 94,000 lottery tickets are made available and everyone who is interested in a ticket pays £25 and the first 47,000 lucky buggers out of the hat get to go to the game. So, if you like the 1 in 2 odds, you might be able to get a ticket to ANY GAME for only £25!! Brilliant, right? No "tickets from £57" for one of the biggest games of the season that is also the first game of the new CHAMPIONS

However, if less than 94,000 people enter the lottery, for every 1,000 less that enter, the price of the lottery ticket goes up £1 to £26. So, if only 90,000 people enter the lottery, each person has a better than 1 in 2 chance of a ticket, but your ticket costs £29.

That sounds like a fair, socially responsible system that might work for everyone, doesn't it? Gives everyone a chance to go to every game. Some people will not get to go, but that is a chance EVERYONE takes when they plunk down their hard earned cash for a FAIR chance at going for a reasonable price.

Or, maybe, we could sell a ticket for £25 a week that GUARANTEES you get to see EVERY HOME GAME? We could call it a "seasoncard" and it would give you access to the same seat every game, so you could choose where you sit. Wait, even better, we could make the best seats £30, so that we could subsidize other seats and make those less expensive, maybe £20 per game. In fact, if we do that, and there are any seats left, we can make those even cheaper, say, £16 per game.

The only catch is that you have to agree to pay to go to ALL the games, BUT you don't have to pay for them all at the same time, because not everyone can afford that. Instead, you get to pay for it in interest-free installments, as long as you've shown you can manage to do that.

OR, we could simply hold an auction for each seat. Highest bid wins, until all 47,000 seats are sold. Unlimited bidding by whomever wants to bid. No restriction on anyone bidding as many times as they want, or on as many tickets as they want.

YOU decide how this BUSINESS should be run! Pick the choice YOU think is best to get a few quid BACK for the BILLION POUND INVESTMENT that has brought you two championships in three years, after a brief 45 years without one, and two domestic trophies and a few nice sunny days out at Wembley in the last few years, as well as a stadium expansion and world class academy that should provide for the long term future of the club for the future, rather than the boom and bust this club has gone through since the last time we were regularly competing for silverware over 40 yrs ago.

just rip the seats out of the east stand lower and south stand lower, inc the away section and replace with a terrace.
tenner to stand and roar the blues on.
lets get back to watching football with passion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.