Are you saving any money with the virus restrictions ?

Have you any idea how long your lockdown will last over there?

I'm 5 weeks in atm, I remember the first day - I immediately upgraded my home office with multiple screens & prepared an efficient workspace. It just felt like for a reversal to happen it would take something significant & likely wouldn't be for months

Swiss federal council is cautious and conservative in general, weighing up the best approaches without encroaching too much at the cantonal level but they have and that in it of itself is a first for the country. Uncertainty and fear much like everywhere else but I would say that while there are critics that we are not doing enough or some are not respecting the social distancing it has been smooth.

Swiss approach to testing (My wife works in the Emergency Room as an RN) is to prioritize testing for healthcare workers or civil servants, else they send symptomatic patients home to self quarantine until they require acute care. So while the country tests more per capita than other countries, it gives a partial view of who has corona as they are not testing everyone who fits the profile

Hospitals are now at full capacity in terms of ICU beds and contingencies are in place to address additional needs via private hospitals & clinics. The Swiss army has been called to duty across the country to bolster personnel support at hospitals & at borders. Medical supply chain has been reinforced over the weekend and purportedly the outlook in that regard is positive going forward to sustain increased demands

Schools are suspended through Easter break (2 weeks) which is coming at the end of next week but there is no optimism that things will return to normal to start May. What comes next?

It's all speculation but there's a building theory that at least 8-10 weeks more of this for the 'curve flattening' to the point no new cases spike. The weather has begun to feel like Spring which tends to boost the mood of the country anyway so that helps. But on the hospital side of things, I gotta say it's a sad thing to witness and my wife shares stories each night - normally healthy people struggling to breathe or families saying goodbye for the last time to loved ones who are in isolation. Absolutely savage, we live in unprecedented times

Hope it's not with this outfit otherwise you'll have a mare for your refund.

inA32Au.jpg
Nah.. Royal Caribbean

Nah.. Royal Caribbean

Excellent entertainment on the Royal Caribbean line and not at all staid or formal. I think Stelios the billionaire has a lot to answer to after paying his family 60 million in dividends and weeks later removing the online refund button effectively running rough shot over the customer base that made his fat belly fat. Difficult times for the aviation and travel industry but it's nice to be nice and people will remember their antics long after the dust settles.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.