Aren't City's players nice!

Umedaman said:
Mantel said:
Kompany asking Micah and the others to join the team before lifting the trophy said it all.

Did anyone else notice how withdrawn micah and lescott seemed during the celebrations, of course not completely withdrawn but they definitely weren't as "into" it as the rest of the squad : / it's a sad comparison to the 2011/12 campaign and all their contributions to clinching the title then...

Micah and Joleon's reactions were noticeable, but I think, very understandable. Although they enjoyed us winning the trophy they also clearly have enough self-awareness, and are sufficiently in touch with reality to know that their contributions to the success were not as great as they would have liked, so their celebrations were muted. Compare this to the ludicrous John Terry ensuring he was front and centre of their celebrations on wining the CL. That tells you all you need to know about their respective personalities, and which type of behaviour is favourable.

without a dream said:
Trautmannesque said:
After the 2-3 defeat to the rags in the friendly at Wembley, Shrek was all over the press, gloating about how they had given us a 'football lesson'.

Despite all the thrashings we've given them in the league since, I haven't hears anything remotely similar from any of our players or management team. I sort of wish we weren't so nice sometimes and would rub their fucking noses in it . Just occasionally, that's all I'm asking.

We get the odd little snippet. Fernandinho's interview about how he was surprised at how piss easy the home derby was was great.
Especially when we went on to make the swamp derby arguably even easier, I'd love to hear Dinho's thoughts on that one.

Forgetting the on going Yaya episode. I completely agree, the likes of Kompany and Hart always seem very down to earth as well as very sincere. As well as Pellegrini who acts consistently professionally, something seemingly uncommon in the EPL, we only need to look at the mind games or this seasons headbutting incident to see that.

CTID

After it was all going so well, why does Yaya have to go and ruin it. Please just apologise and we can finally get rid of the mercenary tag.

Big Swifty said:
I know I'm biased, but in the aftermath of Sunday's game, it struck me what decent guys we have in our team. Someone in another post used the word "dignity" in referring to our demeanour in the last few days. Spot on.

From the manager downwards, men like Vincent Kompany, Samir Nasri, Zabba and the rest came across as essentially decent and honourable.

Contrast this with the appearance of Utd (can't bring myself to spell it in full) players and officials when they've won something. Starting with the sneers of the departed SAF, the ugly coarse features of Rooney, the gibes of the equally aesthetically challenged Ferdinand, the shifty little black beady eyes of Giggs - not to mention their smug arrogance and misguided sense of entitlement - they cannot compare in any way with us. I feel that Van Gaal will be cut from the same cloth.

The nasty little barbed arrows and mind games of Rodgers didn't endear him to me, either. Can't imagine Pellegrini sinking to that level. I feel we as a club should get more media credit for this.

Am I seeing the world through blue-tinted specs, or do others agree with me?

My flatmates a red and he says that it pisses him off that we don't really have any cunts anymore. He lists Hart as the one that people don't like, then Nasri and Dzeko to an extent, but he said he preferred it when the likes of Mancini, Balotelli and tevez were there, who most other fans hated (particularly Mancini)

Fernandinho, Jovetic, Aguero, Navas, Negredo, Silva, Vinnie, Demichelis, Zaba, Clichy. What's not to like?

A perfect example is when we score against the scum our players celebrate in front of the city fans whereas when they score against us their players cannot resist coming over to celebrate in front of the city fans. I remember when they beat us in the fa cup each time they scored the big fat scouser & danny wellshit came right over to us, Wellshit slid on his knees right in front of the stand I was in kissing his badge.

Just proves we are absolutely dripping in class whereas they are out & out scum & vermin & utter wankstains.

It could have been 10 said:
A perfect example is when we score against the scum our players celebrate in front of the city fans whereas when they score against us their players cannot resist coming over to celebrate in front of the city fans. I remember when they beat us in the fa cup each time they scored the big fat scouser & danny wellshit came right over to us, Wellshit slid on his knees right in front of the stand I was in kissing his badge.
Just proves we are absolutely dripping in class whereas they are out & out scum & vermin & utter wankstains.

Fuck me, how far did he slide? :)

I do wonder if their players go through some kind of "turn me into a twat" induction when they buy them.

Take Vinny for example - in the admittedly unlikely scenario that he had been bought by the GPC, would he have retained his decency and integrity and class?

1961_vintage said:

I do wonder if their players go through some kind of "turn me into a twat" induction when they buy them.

Take Vinny for example - in the admittedly unlikely scenario that he had been bought by the GPC, would he have retained his decency and integrity and class?
Unlikely. You never heard the old saying; ''You lie down with dogs, you get fleas''?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.