Argument over seat on train

I used to travel from Glasgow to London every other week and would choose the quiet carriage in first class.

One one occasion sitting before we departed a cockney was talking in his phone in a loud way.

As the train set off he kept talking and laughing, I knew this was a situation I could not endure so I got out if my seat, tapped him in the shoulder and said.

Sorry to interrupt mate but I booked this carriage to avoid having to listen to people's conversations. There is no way I can listen to you all the way to London. No offence but you need to either stop or move to a carriage that allows it.

He left.

A old woman smiled at me and thanked me for getting rid of the guy.

I feel these types of a situations need to be dealt with immediately, or sooner.

I was in the quiet carriage and someone was on their phone. Their companion clocked the funny looks being flung their way and kept gently reminding the person on the phone that they were in the quiet carriage but the person kept rabbiting on. Turns out that the person doing the talking knew it was the quiet carriage and that they had turned the phone to vibrate to keep it quiet. They had know idea that they could not actually talk on the phone. We all had a chuckle when it was explained to them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.