Aris v Man City flight & hotel details - UPDATE

Re: Aris v Man City flight & hotel details

Goater666 said:
mcfcmatt said:
It will be a little bit warmer but not by much. Maybe jeans and t-shirt but deffo no shorts!

No cahnce you're walking around in tshirt in 10degree. :)

Trust me, it can and will be done! lol

Where we all meeting in thessaloniki? Its a big place with many squares, therefore would be good to highlight one or two spots to head for?

Will not be difficult to find City.
Lots of Bars on the waterfront, that's where were heading.
But obviously the beer will be cheaper in the back streets.

Looking forward to this. My Girlfriend and I fly from Gatwick at 8.40am on the Sunday morning. Arrive at 2pm or so. Plenty of time to have a mooch.

I noticed that some of you are going to stay at hotels near the train station,this is the only" bad" area in the city so it is better to avoid the bars around and anything that has to do with offers for paid sex etc....
The city is very safe generally and even around the stadium i dont think that you are going to have any problem with ARIS fans.We are very loud but generally very friendly at European games.
If you stay at the city center generally you can very easy walk around.To come to the stadium my advise is to use a taxi wich will not take you more than 10 euro.Taxi from airport though may be around 30..
For english type of bars dont expect many things as here the culture is little different....i post some here..<a class="postlink" href="http://www.beer-pedia.com/beer_bars/beer_bars_thessaloniki.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.beer-pedia.com/beer_bars/bee ... oniki.html</a>
There is also one beer place under the ARIS stadium(BEER FC 1914) ,mostly for ARIS fans but with cheap prices and very good punk and metal music....I am usually there....:-)
I hope you will find my post helpfull,have a good trip and enjoy your stay in the city of GOD.
ARIS FC 1914.

aris i ve seen that bar at the ground on the clubs website...see you in there, just before and after kick off..before that god knows which bar we will be in..hey alex i see the sun has finally come out and it will be sunny and in the high 50s by the end of the week, do you get much rain in february

alex_d1972 said:
I noticed that some of you are going to stay at hotels near the train station,this is the only" bad" area in the city so it is better to avoid the bars around and anything that has to do with offers for paid sex etc....
The city is very safe generally and even around the stadium i dont think that you are going to have any problem with ARIS fans.We are very loud but generally very friendly at European games.
If you stay at the city center generally you can very easy walk around.To come to the stadium my advise is to use a taxi wich will not take you more than 10 euro.Taxi from airport though may be around 30..
For english type of bars dont expect many things as here the culture is little different....i post some here..<a class="postlink" href="http://www.beer-pedia.com/beer_bars/beer_bars_thessaloniki.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.beer-pedia.com/beer_bars/bee ... oniki.html</a>
There is also one beer place under the ARIS stadium(BEER FC 1914) ,mostly for ARIS fans but with cheap prices and very good punk and metal music....I am usually there....:-)
I hope you will find my post helpfull,have a good trip and enjoy your stay in the city of GOD.
ARIS FC 1914.
Thanks alex.... seems like beer is expensive 7-8 euros pint!?! do you have some other places / areas where there are cheaper beer prices like at the ground??

If we believe the forecasts, it is going to be sunny with temperatures around 5c = 40 f?....
Unfortunately drinks are quite expencive BUT you can buy beers etc from kiosks or little super markets that can be found everywhere in the city even outside the ground...Nobody will bother you if you are drinking on the street before the game.This is what we do most of the time.Try the local white wine that is sold everywhere and it is called retsina,you can mix it with cola and it is the fans favorite after beer.
Good luck with united next week..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.