Armed forces initiations

I'm not sure how anyone can make jokes about this incident? Its seriously sick and degraded.

Would you be laughing and joking if the victim was a woman?

I can't believe this is still happening in the forces or anywhere. It's abuse and bullying, end of story. The poor fucker having to endure it doesn't find it a laugh, or character building, or proud they've come through it. All they want is for it to be over and out of the way. They daren't complain or they'll be ostracized and may as well leave. I hope all concerned are sacked and prosecuted to the maximum of the law.

I can't believe this is still happening in the forces or anywhere. It's abuse and bullying, end of story. The poor fucker having to endure it doesn't find it a laugh, or character building, or proud they've come through it. All they want is for it to be over and out of the way. They daren't complain or they'll be ostracized and may as well leave. I hope all concerned are sacked and prosecuted to the maximum of the law.
The video above suggests a slapped wrist or anything getting swept under the carpet is not even slightly on the cards.

On a serious note,this is a despicable action and sadly typical of something that has gone on for decades.There is a culture in the Armed Forces of proving yourself and often it goes to extremes,i personally had to do the top shelf and fight 3 lads - i got off lightly.

It isnt acceptable,its bullying and it needs to stop.....whether or not it ever will,i aint convinced.
What’s “do the top shelf”?
Something to do with drinking a lot of different spirits? Or something else?

On a half related note, I'll never forget when my best mate, still is to this day, signed for utd and they had all the pro's (he was YTS) gather around and made them do all kinds of shite as an initiation. Basically bullying the young kids who would do as they are told because that's what was expected and they were desperate to fit in.
Well this 16 year old was a proper Langley lad and when picked on, we don't tend to take it kindly and fair fucks he knocked the lad out ( this player had a tendency to dance around a corner flag) who was trying to give it the big one. Word got back to the management and credit to the piss can, when he found out he told the whole youth set up that all the nonsense stops there.
It was normal in football for things like this to happen, not as extreme as the Op obviously, but in most walks of life there's some kind of ritual. It's only Later on you realise it's bullying.
Funnily enough he was left well alone after that...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.