Army racism apology to black ‘poster girl’ soldier

Like the Post Office - more concerned about reputational damage to the institution than fixing anything - complaint? Close ranks and deny deny deny. It always comes out in the end and the institution suffers even more anyway
It amazes me why they still try this tactic. It always comes out. And that is 100 times worse when they try to bury it. Utter stupidity.

It amazes me why they still try this tactic. It always comes out. And that is 100 times worse when they try to bury it. Utter stupidity.

seeing it repeated by the Conservative Party now - smashed in a GE they are raking over the coals and coming up with Reform Ltd as their problem ( its not ) none of them are addressing the impact Partygate and Johnsons lies and denials had on their vote - they can't go there and face up to it because of the damage it could do.............. they have just seen how damaging it was

seeing it repeated by the Conservative Party now - smashed in a GE they are raking over the coals and coming up with Reform Ltd as their problem ( its not ) none of them are addressing the impact Partygate and Johnsons lies and denials had on their vote - they can't go there and face up to it because of the damage it could do.............. they have just seen how damaging it was
The same class of people run both organisations. Maybe it’s their, we can do whatever the fuck we like. We run everything, attitude. How dare the forelock tugging, yes sir, no sir, can I shag our flag sir, plebs question us. They know their place.

I wonder how long till the next one? Where, no doubt, more lessons will be learned.

And these are some of the people defending our country. Hopefully her ordeal doesn't put off BAME forces applicants in future.

Given a settlement was agreed what's the point of not admitting liability?

Surely a great opportunity to own up, admit liability and send a message that this sort of behaviour isn't acceptable.

Now it seems more a case of "we got caught so we probably need to pay up".

Given a settlement was agreed what's the point of not admitting liability?

Surely a great opportunity to own up, admit liability and send a message that this sort of behaviour isn't acceptable.

Now it seems more a case of "we got caught so we probably need to pay up".

its the Army still not able to accept it has issues with racism whereas as you can see they made a substantial payout. A poster up the page said he hoped it would not lead to a less diverse Army - but sadly thats what it will do. For some reason the words "no admission of liability " is the Army still in denial and thinking that maintains its reputation.

Just seeing that interview you know she is a decent girl and easy to believe what she says is true. Reminds me of a situation in the late 70s. A girl who worked for me had a brother who went in the army. He was bullied unmercifully and one day was found dead. The army said, if I recall correctly, that it was suicide yet she maintained he was murdered. I last touch when I sold the business so don't know the final outcome as it was drawn out and doors were closed when trying to find the truth. Here we are almost 50 years later and nothing seems to change in a job where bullying seems the order of the day. Shameful.

Just seeing that interview you know she is a decent girl and easy to believe what she says is true. Reminds me of a situation in the late 70s. A girl who worked for me had a brother who went in the army. He was bullied unmercifully and one day was found dead. The army said, if I recall correctly, that it was suicide yet she maintained he was murdered. I last touch when I sold the business so don't know the final outcome as it was drawn out and doors were closed when trying to find the truth. Here we are almost 50 years later and nothing seems to change in a job where bullying seems the order of the day. Shameful.
This will depend on your perception of nothings changed. If you are thinking things are as bad now as they were 50 years ago I would say you are incorrect. I would suggest this stuff still goes on but maybe not as widespread and obvious as years gone by. Sadly I think it will never be completely eradicated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.