Arsenal 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant after their Europa tie last week, they must have been pretty pumped after that.
Not to be pedantic... but Liverpool are not in the Europa competition as of now.

They did perform heroically in the UCL qualifying round.

I personally thought that Hoffenheim might get the better of them.
======
This may prove to be a Trojan Horse for Liverpool - great to be in the C/L - but it'll jeapordise their PL chances. If the mooted Coutinho deal falls through, Pool are in good shape - otherwise, they're in big trouble for finishing top 4.

Last edited:
Arsenal need to be careful if they start getting a reputation of being a clear step down from the other contenders in the league. Not so long if we were in for the same player as them, the player wants to come to us--for footballing reasons (I know there is always the London pull--how is London compared to say Paris Rome or DC? I'm a yank, so asking from ignorance). It takes a couple of seasons of Europa before they get used to 5th-7th. That was us post-Benitez until Klopp.

We had all hoped it would be the rags that'd head to purgatory but might be Arsenal instead. They're lucky Spurs inexplicably decided not to add to their team, or even they would've started opening up a gap.

Arsenal need to be careful if they start getting a reputation of being a clear step down from the other contenders in the league. Not so long if we were in for the same player as them, the player wants to come to us--for footballing reasons (I know there is always the London pull--how is London compared to say Paris Rome or DC? I'm a yank, so asking from ignorance). It takes a couple of seasons of Europa before they get used to 5th-7th. That was us post-Benitez until Klopp.

We had all hoped it would be the rags that'd head to purgatory but might be Arsenal instead. They're lucky Spurs inexplicably decided not to add to their team, or even they would've started opening up a gap.
Agreed with the sentiment of this post - but not with the actual state of things.

Arsenal already, IMO, has a clear reputation of not being a serious PL title contender.

And as for Spurs... well, not improving... - that's the way they roll - agreed that they needed to strengthen to enhance their title chances. But... I cannot forsee that Spurs won't finish top 4 this year - whereas I also cannot see Arsenal in the top 4. The two clubs are going in completely opposite directions in terms of expectency.

The presenter on The Football Ramble podcast has nailed Arsenal footballers and as a club.

"The creche for Cowards"

just found this on Arsenal Mania thought it was worthy of posting, it was after last years Bournemouth fixture when Jesus was injured

Such a shame for City to lose Jesus, now they'll have to rely on God!

i

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.