Arsenal (A) - Post-Match Thread

Agree absolutely about deserving. Arsenal didn't lose because of the officiating, which got the three major decisions right, but because of their lack of discipline and their wingeing and whining is a return to the persecution complex that has been such a feature of the last 20 years at that club. Arsenal never get what they deserve because of the world wide conspiracy against them. Yesterday it was a club with "all the money in the world" who "have to cheat" and one poor gooner "had lost all faith in that Pep fella, whoever he is". Meanwhile City EARNED a win by maintaining discipline and playing football. It's for others to wonder about whether we deserved it and a lot of good it'll do them.

City eventually exploited the man advantage, which Gabriel stupidly gave them, but that discipline and will to win is an important factor. I'm sure City would have dominated the game regardless of the sending off and kept pushing for a win; we'll never know how it would have turned out had Gabriel not got sent off but he did...

Ederson tried to get the ball, and he did. Odegaard did not manage to reach the ball first and he accidentally stepped over Ederson's leg with some ferocity. It might be even a foul from Odegaard if we want to stretch it a bit, but point is that there was no penalty at all.

What was also interesting was the trajectory of the ball after.
I don’t think you are stretching the point at all re Odegaard.

Just watched match of the day. Fooking lovely stuff.

I would've taken a draw before kick off and at HT that looked our best hope. To take the win was absolutely glorious.
BBC dont feel the hit to their revenue like Sky/BT do if a red club isnt winning it.

Sky have been atrocious, absolutely unashamed bias. And they still havent removed some of the posionous stuff despite the consensus being that yesterdays game was reffed correctly.

I went to Arsenal for the midweek game a few years ago during the Beast from the East cold spell we had. The empty seats were embarrassing. There could only have been 25000 there that night.
Yeah I was there for that game. They say we are plastic, there was virtually no arsenal fans in tje ground by full time. Yet the turn out from city fans that night was fantastic. They couldn’t be bothered travelling a few miles. Didn’t get home until 4.30am as the train crawled in the snow from padding to South Wales. At least their songbook is easy to learn!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.