Arsenal (A) | Post Match Thread

POW!!! Fuck the Hateful Eight!

We started the game OK & took control as we went a goal up, but what the fuck were we trying to do employing game management at 20 minutes in? :-/

We stepped off the gas & gave Arsenal the opportunity & confidence to come back into the game & take control of the second portion of the first half, & I could see their equaliser coming a mile off.

I've no issues with the penalty. To be honest, it could have gone either way.

We came storming out in the second half & it took a battling Arsenal to stem our advances. It made the game very stop/start & scrappy, but this seemed to suit City & disrupt Arsenal's flow.

Normally it's other teams who turn our games scrappy against us, so it makes a change for us to do it to someone else, but it's good to see we had it in our locker to mix it up & go toe to toe.

There were chances at both ends, but we made ours count in the face of vociferous support from the Gooner fans.

KDB's goal was sublime & I was absolutely made up for Grealish scoring. You could see what it meant to him. It was a brilliant team move & reminiscent of City at our best.

It was a relief to see Haaland score, if just to shut the fuckin commentators up who kept going on about Haaland not being played through & his THREE GAME scoring drought! Again, you could see how much this brilliantly taken goal meant to him, as it also wrapped up the game for us.

It was a decent display & I loved our battling, running & quality finishing when it mattered. We replaced skill with endeavour when required & that's something we've been missing this season.

The trick now is to combine our skill with endeavour over 90 minutes as we've become used to in previous seasons. My MoTM was the whole team. To win away in such a crucial match shows we do have the character to grind out wins when they matter most.

Roll on Leipsig...
Fuck off with the penalty absolute load of bollox

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.