Arsenal (A) | Post Match Thread

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that himself and Dias are our most naturally defence minded players, it’s just instinctive with them both, but they would possibly be perceived as our weaker ball carriers or playmaker defenders.

Good observation.

To me Ake and Dias make proper defensive decisions automatically. They know when to shadow, they know when to tackle and one thing I love about Ake is, he doesn’t let a high ball bounce, he attacks it in the air, unlike Akanji.
I like Ake at LB. I think he’s bout best option there.
A back four of Walker, Dias, Laporte or Stones and Ake please, for the run in.

I think a nice mix of playmakers and ball attackers at the back gives us a nice balance. Beyond that, decision making is the only concern, at times. Walker coming on to play the ball when he had not been waved on by Taylor was a prime example! Yellow card for stupidity!!

He was offside. Let it go
He was offside. Let it go.
Under normal circumstances I completely agree.

But we’ve just been on the wrong end of a decision where offside didn’t count because the ‘offside player’ didn’t touch the ball so wasn’t interfering with play. Would love someone to tell me the difference here.

FWIW I’m fully of the opinion that Haaland is offside, but where’s the consistency.

Delighted. Dominated the 2nd half up until the 2 goals & deserved that win, especially after that utterly farcical penalty.…ridiculous decision.
Dias immense, Gundogan involved in our best moments in 2nd half.
Haaland bullied Gabriel all evening.
KDB had a storming 2nd half. I’m sick of seeing games spoiled by pathetic refereeing decisions, we must have the worst set of refs & VAR officials in Europe. Taylor is an utter fuckwit.
Taylor is not an utter fuckwit.
He knows exactly what he is doing..I'd say he was clever and deceitful.
There is a world of difference imo.

Under normal circumstances I completely agree.

But we’ve just been on the wrong end of a decision where offside didn’t count because the ‘offside player’ didn’t touch the ball so wasn’t interfering with play. Would love someone to tell me the difference here.

FWIW I’m fully of the opinion that Haaland is offside, but where’s the consistency.
When compared to the Rashford debacle you are 100% correct

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.