Arsenal (a) pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A danger game, but a perfect opportunity to improve at dealing with fast counter-attacks. Personally, I'd bring in Ota and play Fern in his best position. Rodri can be a huge player for us if he's given time to get comfortable in this league, but I'd sit him out of this one and keep working in training.
Nothing beats game experience, no way should Rodri be sitting out. The league is as good as done and dusted, even if we were good enough to get back and win it, we wouldn't be allowed by PiGMOL/VAR.

We should be preparing for next season, giving the likes of Garcia, THB, Angelino, Rodri, Foden, Jesus and Doyle as much game time as possible in the league. Maybe not all at once but as long as we're comfortable in the top 4 there's no harm.

We saw the benefits of sticking of players learning Pep's style and systems with the Centurions season, that wouldn't have happen if the likes of Fernandinho, KDB, Silva, Aguero and Sterling hadnt had the opportunity to learn the system while playing in it. Pep was slaughtered for sticking to his guns and not reverting to a pragmatic, more defensively minded system when we were getting fucked 4-0 at Everton and Leicester etc. but it was done to prepare players for the season after.

Nothing beats game experience, no way should Rodri be sitting out. The league is as good as done and dusted, even if we were good enough to get back and win it, we wouldn't be allowed by PiGMOL/VAR.

We should be preparing for next season, giving the likes of Garcia, THB, Angelino, Rodri, Foden, Jesus and Doyle as much game time as possible in the league. Maybe not all at once but as long as we're comfortable in the top 4 there's no harm.

We saw the benefits of sticking of players learning Pep's style and systems with the Centurions season, that wouldn't have happen if the likes of Fernandinho, KDB, Silva, Aguero and Sterling hadnt had the opportunity to learn the system while playing in it. Pep was slaughtered for sticking to his guns and not reverting to a pragmatic, more defensively minded system when we were getting fucked 4-0 at Everton and Leicester etc. but it was done to prepare players for the season after.
Good points, I just don’t want the team to lose too much confidence and if putting fern back in midfield gives us a chance to get some urgency and flair back then it will make me feel a lot better! But you are right in the end. Hope Rodri maintains a positive attitude even if results don’t go our way.

After tonight's game obviously the questions will be asked is, Should Mendy, Garcia and Foden keep their places after tonight's performances?
Or would you rather see Angelino, Stones (if fit) and David Silva back in the starting 11?

Selection dilemma for Pep this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.