Arsenal (A) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rest Bernardo, Foden, Rodri and Cancelo.

-----------------Ederson-----------------
Walker----Stones-------Dias----Zinchenko
-------------Fernandinho---------------
----------KDB----------Gundogan-------
Mahrez---------Jesus----------Sterling

Personally I don't think Pep's eyes will be on the midweek game until the final whistle blows at the Emirates.
He'll play his strongest team with only minor rotation.
We've got a healthy lead at the top of the table and I doubt if anyone at the club wants to see that eroded by putting out under strength teams that could drop points.
I would like to see us win all the competitions that we are alive in but the Premier League is the most important for me and the bigger the gap between us and the red showers the happier I will be.
I beg to differ we've put ourselfs into a position where we can lose 3 more games and draw 3 games and still easily win the league. The time is now to concentrate on the champions league. Its where the money is and the club and Pep known this

Last edited:
I think Mahrez should keep his place and Phil rested. Foden has been the main culprit for unnecessarily giving the ball away in the last two matches, so I’ll put it down to tiredness.

Sterling..................................Mahrez
....................De Bruyne....................

........Gundogan............Bernardo.........
......................Rodri........................

Zinchenko.....Dias......Stones......Cancelo

.....................Ederson......................

Bench:
Steffen
Walker
Laporte
Fernandinho
Foden
Jesus
Aguero

On the ball:

Sterling...........De Bruyne...........Mahrez
............Gundogan........Bernardo

...............Rodri........Cancelo..............

Zinchenko...........Dias................Stones

.....................Ederson......................

This is spot on!

Why is the poll closing on 22nd Feb when the game is on the 21st? Phil Foden, Raheem Sterling and Bernardo should be next for resting. We should easily beat Arsenal with one or two of them on the bench.

Pep always says that the focus/priority is the next game and given the strong teams he puts out against lesser opposition in the domestic cups....I believe him & its worked so far. It's daft to think about prioritising certain competitions, as soon as that happens concentration and the whole momentum is compromised. We're fortunate that we can rotate a couple of players each game and it does not effect how we play. Lets win as many as we can in the league and who knows, we may have it wrapped up before any potential semis or finals.

Cancelo seems to be the only player who cannot be rested. Pep occasionally puts him on the left cos a change is as good as a rest!
I think he will be for the next game. He took a hell of a whack right on the kneecap at the very end of the game and that will sting for a good while

Why is the poll closing on 22nd Feb when the game is on the 21st? Phil Foden, Raheem Sterling and Bernardo should be next for resting. We should easily beat Arsenal with one or two of them on the bench.
So people can change their votes and pretend they were right all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.