Arsenal (A) - Wed 15th Feb, 19:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm expecting a similar game to Spurs with that lineup, they will roast us on the break.

What is Peps' aversion to playing a settled back four? I don't get it.

We should play Laporte and Dias in the middle and Ake left back and stop trying to reinvent the wheel.
Our performance in the first hour against Villa was the best we've played since the World Cup break. Not reinventing the wheel to play the same system.

Ake in for Laporte is a nod to their pace on the break.

Playing the best 4 defenders on paper would minimise our chances of conceding, but stifle our build up play.

We need to win.

Odd how Arsenal feel confident enough to line up how we used to: back four, three in the middle with one holding, front three. And yet, somehow, we can’t ever seem to do that anymore. Arsenal are top of the league doing that, but we can’t?

Ok, Pep is a genius and knows more than me but I truly cannot understand why we can’t line up in a normal shape.

We don't have Cancelo or Zinchenko, how could we line up like Arsenal? Plus, they don't have a back 4 either, Zinch plays more in midfield than at LB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.