Arsenal (A) - Wed 15th Feb, 19:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't have Cancelo or Zinchenko, how could we line up like Arsenal? Plus, they don't have a back 4 either, Zinch plays more in midfield than at LB.
We could muster up two nominal fullbacks, or even decide not to send Cancelo away on loan. I think there’s a difference between how Zinchenko will play for Arsenal and how Silva will play for us. Perhaps I’m just old fashioned.

This is the only way to get kdb gundog Silva and rodri in the team. Ake is picked I'm guessing because of Saka which is the only talking point.

Its a team more than capable of beating Arsenal. Its up to the players to perform.

Irrespective of the personnel in the back 3 and Laporte not being there, the set up itself, with the total commitment to a 3-2-2-3, is a lineup that screams “we want to dominate this match”. It’s a brave lineup whereas playing Ake at left back in a back 4 would have been a pragmatic one. This lineup, plus the Villa one, is Pep remembering what his principles are after a period of time where he’s kind of veered away from them a bit with too many players that can’t actually build up well, and not enough vertical passes. We want the ball in their half, we want to build up well (Bernardo becoming the new Zinchenko reaffirms that, versus playing Ake there) and we want to lay down a marker. I’m very happy with that. If Laporte started I’d be delighted with it but hey, we can’t always get what we want.

I just don’t understand why Laporte is not starting, probably one of our if not our best defender!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.