Arsenal (A) - Wed 15th Feb, 19:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Edersons distribution is being countered by teams getting a bit smarter with their press. Loading Rodri and blocking passing lanes into midfield mean that Eddie has to play a simple pass or chip it longer. I seriously doubt wether his superior kicking gives him a massive advantage over Ortega anymore.
I think the problem of teams pressing Rodri goes away if we play 2 of Dias, Laporte, and Stones with their passing. Then Edersons passing is a far more important to how we play and levels above anyone including Ortega. Keeping wise there is very little in it despite what a few say.

i agree tolmie id go with phil over mahrez. But then again doubt pep will because he hasnt played phil jack haaland in same team since manchester derby although id love to see it.
I don’t understand this reasoning. I’m struggling to remember the last time Foden played well.

Really hope our experience will help us here. their players have not won anything mostly, also they have not been in a proper title race before.a really great run put them top of the league, but recent result hopefully mean smaller teams start to stand up to them rather than rolling over for them or underestimate them.

we need to be quick and aggressive from the start and no rubbish passes at the back, against Spurs two times and Villa last weekend we conceded 1 goal each game from giving away the ball in our half, two times just edge of our box actually. we are our biggest enemy with these sloppy passes...

if we win we put a lot of worry into Arteta and his team. exactly what we should at this stage of the league.

losing this is not an option at all.

draw will do it if its really tight.

Go after Zinny again. Laporte crossfield balls over midfield and Walker pushing right up on him.

Take advantage of his lack of pace and maybe put Phil in instead of Mahrez to make it twice as painful.
Fuck it, stick Haaland RW.

I am joking, but I actually think this would work. West Ham stuck Antonio on Zinchenko last season during the run in and Zinchenko couldn’t cope with him.

i agree tolmie id go with phil over mahrez. But then again doubt pep will because he hasnt played phil jack haaland in same team since manchester derby although id love to see it.
Sorry to say this (I know I shouldn't) but didn't Foden start at Stamford Bridge and sub Mahrez won it? It's the only away game not lost vs Top 6 teams. Sorry again. I really love Foden and wish he regains his form soon.

Edit: saying that, I know that each game has its own conditions and circumstances.

Last edited:
good time to play them tbh.they were flying when we should have played them so a bit of luck has gone our way for once.if we win then its more than a wobble and they may implode.heres hoping

Struggling to remember the last time Phil started a game and we won!
doesnt that apply to most players. bernie has been terrible but given the chance to prove his form ect . its just a personal preference with fodens pace against zinny...... I dont mind starting just would like to see phil haaland grealish front line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.