Arsenal FA Cup SF Post-Match Thread

Have to get passed Real Madrid first. Let's be honest they'll fancy their chances turning this tie around. If anybody in Europe is capable of doing it it's them.

The more I look at that performance tonight the more I think Pep and the players are only bothered about the CL. I know it's only 1 more FA Cup game, but it would have been 1 more game 6 days before playing RM. probably an intense game on a big pitch against a decent team that could go to ET. I'm not suggesting they threw tonights game but I'm wondering whether it was very low on priorities and Pep and the players will have forgotten about it already and will only be thinking about the CL

No complaints. Cant win the FA cup every year but whilst there were many under par performances I dont recall hearing Jesus name at all by the commentary. Think he has great individual talent but cant see him being the talisman we will need to stay at the top.

Really no complaints?
I'm pissed off and fucking annoyed at that abject surrender of the FA Cup
Disgusted by it.

We used to have silva conducting, fern holding and fast direct wingers going to the line. The amount of tap ins sterling and sane scored Was unreal combine this with full backs over laping and we took teams apart with 4-5 accurate passes. Can’t remember when we decided to change this but we need to get back to that direct team. We have replaced it with slow passing and 2-3 conductors all trying the same pass. We need pace and power on the wings to create the space for Kev to do his thing. Player positioning is all over the place at the min.
We also have wingers who always cut inside, that has a massive impact on the style you're talking about. When we had Sterling on the right and Sane on the left we were much harder to stop.

Disappointed , but Real Madrid's where it's at.
Fa Cup is a nuisance anyways.

The more I look at that performance tonight the more I think Pep and the players are only bothered about the CL. I know it's only 1 more FA Cup game, but it would have been 1 more game 6 days before playing RM. probably an intense game on a big pitch against a decent team that could go to ET. I'm not suggesting they threw tonights game but I'm wondering whether it was very low on priorities and Pep and the players will have forgotten about it already and will only be thinking about the CL
Surely a run of games would be better all g with a winning run of games going into the Madrid game. I though the half arsed performance against Bournemouth was down to looking ahead at the game tonight, Obviously not.

All I can say is, I hope your bloody right.

You're right that was a great save. Sterling's slap in the puss was probably not classed as a shot. It was the only one I could recall at the time

It probably brushed his hand too, so would probably have been disallowed had it gone in. It was one of those days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.