Arsenal FA Cup SF Post-Match Thread

I think a better word would have been stubborn rather than arrogant. Pep obviously believes in his team selections even when they have previously displayed certain frailties . The David Silva / Gundogan combination being one .

Well, but the exact same setup beat Arsenal 3-0 (H) some weeks ago.
But back then, we were showing our normal standards and scored.

Last night we refused to score, we didn't even take the biggest present - and then we all know how those matches pan out.

No City player last night had the confidence and belief he could score. The thought alone was impossible. That's really worrying.

I think Pep has to get them on the pitch in a completely different attitude, this one is absolutely unacceptable.

And in big matches against teams who only look for counter attacks, we have to refuse the ball and fuck their match plan. We beat Liv 4-0 on the break.
We need to be MUCH smarter in those matches.

I hope the boys forget this one asap (which I doubt), stop thinking and develop a giddy mentality aginst Real. Maybe this setback came just in time. When we - like David Luiz said - are humble and ready to work we can be grateful to play QF. When we think we are favourites we'll badly fail.

There are a few reasons we are miles behind livarpool in the league & out of the FA Cup.

But the main one is that we are just not good enough !

We have 5 or 6 first teamers who do not have the necessary ability to overcome " difficult " defences. They are OK as flat track bullies against no hopers. It would be invidious to name them but the evidence is there for all to see time after time as they repeat their rubbish play & I cannot believe they are playing to instructions.

For example both fullbacks get the ball in acres of space they stroll forward 5 - 10 metres then stop, turn round & pass the ball 30 yards backwards.

Another frustration is several players get the ball again in space but deem it necessary to bring it under control with a showboating drawback with the instep, of course wasting more time - for goodness sake knock it forward & chase after the bloody thing, it might cause the opposition problems.

There are other things but I cannot be bothered. I do accept though that we may have dodged one here as playing like we do & losing to the rags in the final - not good.

Thought i would have been really pissed off this morning about this defeat , but in hindsight we got very little credit for our domestic treble last year so winning the two domestic cups again would have gone under the radar , but no doubt if the Rags win the FA Cup , it would be likened to the second coming of christ
Our focus for the re-start has always been the Champs league and this now makes or breaks our season , we are four games from making history , its tough Real Madrid possibly Juventus and then Barca or Bayern is the toughest route , i have never really cared about the Glamour Cup but it would be sweet justice watching Cerferin or one of his UEFA cretins handing Big Ears over to Merlin.
We can dream.
We’re arguably still the best team around on our day. We do lack consistency and concentration this season, though, to the extent that hitting top form in (potentially) 3 CL games is a big ask. If we don’t, we’ll get ripped apart and end up with a single Micky Mouse trophy for the season’s efforts. Not a disaster but not impressive either, given our resources.

My worry is that we’ll fart-arse about in the last two league matches but be arrogant enough to think we’ll come good for the CL. Unlike most, I think we should go for it against Watford and Norwich and put last night’s half-hearted effort behind us. That means not changing half the team and not starting a bunch of players who are unlikely to make the final cut. I’d possibly make KDB an exception as a short break might benefit him.

You look at the defeats and from those games 8 or 9 players just don't turn up. This tells me it runs deeper than just the players.

Yesterday over 30 crosses into the box, 16 shots, numerous corner resulted in a blank.

Anyone who thinks Jesus is going to replace Aguero is deluded, he is simply not good enough.

I would sell his value even in covid times will never be higher than it is now.

we are way to slow, sterling walker mendy and maz get forward then bloody stop and pass backwards to some1, these players are fast, but instead of going forward with pace they piss about passing back, when we are counter attacking some players are too fucking lazy to try to keep up and then when we get into the area we might have A player up with him and thats it. need to buy a proper LB and CD AND GET A BIG LUMP OF A FORWARD who can attack a high cross instead of 3-4 small people

Think its so important we consider the implications of going into next season without Pep extending his contract It possibly would impinge on our transfer window For those upset like myself re yesterday, may choose to blame Pep for getting it tactically wrong but is they a name in the frame if Pep was to go? Surely if the board are trying to convince him, CAS result should help Either way after yesterdays performance the need to have a good window is vital for us to challenge for silverware

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.