Arsenal fans celebrations.....

gooner6729 said:
TurkeyGiblets said:
Mark - TheBlue said:
Who do you blame for not winning anything in the last 7 years? Just the board of directors?

A bit of Wenger, but mostly the building of the emirates, much of our champions league money goes to paying it off which is nearly done and weve done at a remrkable speed, also we get nothing from our sponsors for same reason +poor deal. But once we start reaping the benefits of the stadium well dominate again. Furthermore only reason we wernt challenging for title was our poor start which was due to 11 injuries to first team players and late summer signings. If legue started october 1st we'd be ahead of you, so I really don't know how you could be gloating- we had valid (albeit avoidable if not for Wenger taking his good time) reasons - what was your excuse?

The Emirates and Nike deals will go down into history as two of the biggest mistakes ever made by Arsenal FC (just behind selling out to an American who makes the Glazers look like Sheikh Mansour). The worst commercial deals ever signed by a professional football club in relation to market value ever!

They have two years to run. After that we'll have a minimum £50 million extra per season just from our kit and shirt sponsorship deal. Factor in matchday earnings that exceed those of Yaaaniited by 20 million a season and those of Spurs,City,Chelski and the 'pool by 40-50 million a season and we are back in business.

I don't fully understand FFP,but I understand enough to realise it benefits us more than any of the other clubs in that list.

The 7 year trophy drought means nothing. Pompey and Brum aren't better clubs than the Arsenal because they picked up a pot each in that time.

Every club that has funded a new stadium has declined in the short to medium term. Its the nature of the beast. In our case that decline has meant 3d and 4th place finishes in the Premiership and a diet of consistently entertaining football. In any sensible environment Arsenal would be the darlings of the media and the footballing world.

Unfortunately for us football in England has always been a northern dominated game. As the only consistent southern challengers over the generations we are used to envy and hatred.

Bottom line remains that our long term future is brighter than that of any other club in the country including City. Arguably not just in this country, but also in Europe where Bayern Munich are the only club who can match the Arsenal for health.

The only reason why Arsenal take the highest cut of gate receipts is because they charge tripple that of most other clubs. The stands are full of tourists that wouldn't be able to pick out Van Persie in a line up. Also, Arsenal are behind the Rags, Liverpool, Chelsea and MANCHESTER CITY in terms of commercial revenue.

And this diet of 'entertaining' football that you harp on about has been non existant for a good 18 months.

Arsenal are now irrelevant in terms of title contenders, domestic and European trophies. You have some decent players who can score one off special goals, but it's like wallpapering over the grand canyon in terms of where you really are in footballing terms.

Blue2112 said:
I started watched City in 1972 when we truly had some great players and football was a world away from what it is today. Somewhere between 1978 -1982 we lost our way and the rot set in and since then I and thousands of others have had to suffer, watch and support some incredibly poor footballers. Most of us have travelled the length and breadth of this country spending thousands for nothing more in return that a faint glint of hope that one day it would change.

I haven't fully read this thread but to all you Arsenal fans please understand this - you have never ever had to witness years upon years of some of the worst footballers you could ever imagine wearing your beloved clubs shirt. You have never ever had to watch your closest historical neighbours win everything in sight for 20 years non stop. Doubles/trebles, buying star after star, having to endure 20 plus years of piss taking from the world's biggest set of C**tiest supporters. Having to listen to every pundit from China to Chinley spout on about how great they are. You have never had to grow up and listen to every footballer tell us 'it's their dream to play for United'. To have the Munich disaster held as some self righteous reason why everybody should hold a candle for that club. You have never had to hang onto a dream that one day just one day you could have some success instead of watching your club yoyo from division to division, to watch your club change managers so often it became almost a monthly event. You have never had to watch your club lose at home to their historical friendly lower league clubs like Bury and Stockport. Our name has been dragged through the mud, kicked in the balls, laughed at from all corners yet one thing has remained constant through it all.

That's us the fans - So please forgive me and try not to take this too personally but I couldn't give a flying fuck as to what Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham, United, Gillingham, Stockport, Bury and any other football club on the planet thinks about how we got the money or how we go about spending the money. Right now I couldn't give an Owl's hoot as to bringing through someunknown kid from some unknown club from some unknown village on the planet, nurturing him and watching him grow with us. I'll tell you why that is, because for years we've done it and clubs like your's used to come and take them off us when the hard work had been done.

So forgive me this one little pleasure I will go on for the next 10 years loving it if we spend spend and spend some more to bring any silv erware and I mean any silverware to my beautiful long deserved club and our supporters.

Seven years without a trophy...comeback when your near the 35yr mark and i'll start to have some sympathy.

Tbh , that post put it all into perspective and fair enough. Tbh , I have no problem with city getting competitive again through spending money as its healthy for the epl to not have the same 4 teams dominating year in year out. What I do have qualms with is that I can't see a limit to the spending so it will make it uncompetitive again in favour of you lot. But with ffp it may eradicate this. But I certainly dont begrudge you lot getting your club to a position you believe it deserves to be (as long as it doesnt come off the back of my own , which it has somewhat threatened to ) as I wouldnt like to suffer what you just explained.

whyalwaysLee said:
gooner6729 said:
TurkeyGiblets said:
A bit of Wenger, but mostly the building of the emirates, much of our champions league money goes to paying it off which is nearly done and weve done at a remrkable speed, also we get nothing from our sponsors for same reason +poor deal. But once we start reaping the benefits of the stadium well dominate again. Furthermore only reason we wernt challenging for title was our poor start which was due to 11 injuries to first team players and late summer signings. If legue started october 1st we'd be ahead of you, so I really don't know how you could be gloating- we had valid (albeit avoidable if not for Wenger taking his good time) reasons - what was your excuse?

The Emirates and Nike deals will go down into history as two of the biggest mistakes ever made by Arsenal FC (just behind selling out to an American who makes the Glazers look like Sheikh Mansour). The worst commercial deals ever signed by a professional football club in relation to market value ever!

They have two years to run. After that we'll have a minimum £50 million extra per season just from our kit and shirt sponsorship deal. Factor in matchday earnings that exceed those of Yaaaniited by 20 million a season and those of Spurs,City,Chelski and the 'pool by 40-50 million a season and we are back in business.

I don't fully understand FFP,but I understand enough to realise it benefits us more than any of the other clubs in that list.

The 7 year trophy drought means nothing. Pompey and Brum aren't better clubs than the Arsenal because they picked up a pot each in that time.

Every club that has funded a new stadium has declined in the short to medium term. Its the nature of the beast. In our case that decline has meant 3d and 4th place finishes in the Premiership and a diet of consistently entertaining football. In any sensible environment Arsenal would be the darlings of the media and the footballing world.

Unfortunately for us football in England has always been a northern dominated game. As the only consistent southern challengers over the generations we are used to envy and hatred.

Bottom line remains that our long term future is brighter than that of any other club in the country including City. Arguably not just in this country, but also in Europe where Bayern Munich are the only club who can match the Arsenal for health.

The only reason why Arsenal take the highest cut of gate receipts is because they charge tripple that of most other clubs. The stands are full of tourists that wouldn't be able to pick out Van Persie in a line up. Also, Arsenal are behind the Rags, Liverpool, Chelsea and MANCHESTER CITY in terms of commercial revenue.

And this diet of 'entertaining' football that you harp on about has been non existant for a good 18 months.

Arsenal are now irrelevant in terms of title contenders, domestic and European trophies. You have some decent players who can score one off special goals, but it's like wallpapering over the grand canyon in terms of where you really are in footballing terms.

Ha ha , funny comment. I wont waste my breath answering, no way you can rationalize with a man that out of touch.

whyalwaysLee said:
gooner6729 said:
TurkeyGiblets said:

irrelevant? lol wat

i don't think any gooner would disagree that work needs to be done at our club but to be written off as challengers for top honours shows that perhaps you are underestimating us a little bit

TurkeyGiblets said:
Blue2112 said:
I started watched City in 1972 when we truly had some great players and football was a world away from what it is today. Somewhere between 1978 -1982 we lost our way and the rot set in and since then I and thousands of others have had to suffer, watch and support some incredibly poor footballers. Most of us have travelled the length and breadth of this country spending thousands for nothing more in return that a faint glint of hope that one day it would change.

I haven't fully read this thread but to all you Arsenal fans please understand this - you have never ever had to witness years upon years of some of the worst footballers you could ever imagine wearing your beloved clubs shirt. You have never ever had to watch your closest historical neighbours win everything in sight for 20 years non stop. Doubles/trebles, buying star after star, having to endure 20 plus years of piss taking from the world's biggest set of C**tiest supporters. Having to listen to every pundit from China to Chinley spout on about how great they are. You have never had to grow up and listen to every footballer tell us 'it's their dream to play for United'. To have the Munich disaster held as some self righteous reason why everybody should hold a candle for that club. You have never had to hang onto a dream that one day just one day you could have some success instead of watching your club yoyo from division to division, to watch your club change managers so often it became almost a monthly event. You have never had to watch your club lose at home to their historical friendly lower league clubs like Bury and Stockport. Our name has been dragged through the mud, kicked in the balls, laughed at from all corners yet one thing has remained constant through it all.

That's us the fans - So please forgive me and try not to take this too personally but I couldn't give a flying fuck as to what Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham, United, Gillingham, Stockport, Bury and any other football club on the planet thinks about how we got the money or how we go about spending the money. Right now I couldn't give an Owl's hoot as to bringing through someunknown kid from some unknown club from some unknown village on the planet, nurturing him and watching him grow with us. I'll tell you why that is, because for years we've done it and clubs like your's used to come and take them off us when the hard work had been done.

So forgive me this one little pleasure I will go on for the next 10 years loving it if we spend spend and spend some more to bring any silv erware and I mean any silverware to my beautiful long deserved club and our supporters.

Seven years without a trophy...comeback when your near the 35yr mark and i'll start to have some sympathy.

Tbh , that post put it all into perspective and fair enough. Tbh , I have no problem with city getting competitive again through spending money as its healthy for the epl to not have the same 4 teams dominating year in year out. What I do have qualms with is that I can't see a limit to the spending so it will make it uncompetitive again in favour of you lot. But with ffp it may eradicate this. But I certainly dont begrudge you lot getting your club to a position you believe it deserves to be (as long as it doesnt come off the back of my own , which it has somewhat threatened to ) as I wouldnt like to suffer what you just explained.

You have to remember that the fan base has put up with allot of shite then we get our moment to shine through a lucky break in being sold off and suddenly the club is attacked from every angle and scrutinised over the last few years hence the strong hostility some people show on here. Remember this forum isn't our entire fan bases views though mate.

TurkeyGiblets said:
Blue2112 said:

Thanks for understanding and for what its worth I don't mind Arsenala
and I don't mind they're real fans. Now your neighbours don't get me started ;-)

Blue2112 said:

What a fantastic post.

Blue2112 said:

Fantastic post Blue,you speak for an hell of a lot of us

whyalwaysLee said:
gooner6729 said:
TurkeyGiblets said:

second part is a load of rubbish. But first part I can answer, we have high ticket pricing because we have to pay off the emirates and in turn we made two of the worst sponsorship deals in history with nike and emirates. This directly relates to why our commercial revenue is not as high as liverpool, united , you lot etc. To put into perspective our shirt sponsors with the emirates gives us 5 mil a year , yours with etihad is around 20mil same as liverpool with standard chartered. Our kit deals are just as poor we take like 8 mil, you liverrpool, united in the 25-30 range. We thought they were good deals at the time but they were poor, considering this, ticket prices have to be that bit higher to compete and pay off emirates, those sponsorship dealss have 2years left, after then were due an extra 40 or so mil a year from new sponsorship and we will keep the money we get from tickets (which i'd like to think will be lowered)

bluevengence said:
Blue2112 said:

Fantastic post Blue,you speak for an hell of a lot of us

Yeah I agree, but there was no need to bring chinley into it!!! UP THE CHINLEY BLUES

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.