Arsenal fans, is there another set of fans as bitter?

jus2nang (gooner) said:
Some harsh stuff on this thread. Every club has a 'deluded' section of its support.

At Arsenal there's a split. There are those that think we're still challengers for major honours, label ambitious players as disloyal and blame everyone else but the club and Wenger for our current position.

Then there are those of us that are not happy with the way the club is run. We realise that the owners have zero ambition and are happy with the status-quo as long as the money keeps coming in. Poor wage structure means that we can't attract/keep top players and can't shift the dross - resulting in an average team that challenges for nothing and further pushes top players away (which the board are only too happy to sell). And to top it off, the board take the **** with ticket prices.

We're still a big club though. Our history still means something (yes it gets less relevant as time passes and it isn't added to), we still sell tickets, merchandise, draw in TV audiences, Champions League regulars, own a state of the art stadium etc etc.

In terms of bitterness, you'll find most of it is directed towards the board (and some to Wenger).

And your view on our take over and Nasri,Clichy and Ade please

bluevengence said:
And your view on our take over and Nasri,Clichy and Ade please

TakeOver : At the time I welcomed it because it broke up the monopoly of Chelsea/Man Utd, so at least we have a three-way battle instead of a two horse race (well we will do, this season Chelsea are s*** though). Chelsea set the tone with Abramovic, so if you can't beat 'em.... I'm also happy about PSG too, I think it makes things more interesting. Those that want limits just want to see the same old big boys at the top and lock the small boys out - I don't agree with that.

I understand the point of other fans saying "well you could just spend £500M every year and win everything every year and it'll become boring". But I'm certainly not against the initial injection - that adds to the competition. Ideally in my opinion, I'd have an FFP where for a certain amount of time you can spend what you want (so the initial injection that I'm talking about, say 2 years or whatever) and then conform.

That way no club is shut out from "entering the club".

My club have used your takeover as an excuse for fleecing the fans, but I could be here all day on that.

Clichy : Said at the time, he's a good pro, decent player, makes mistakes but decent player. I don't know any Arsenal fans that have anything against him. Left without much fuss.

Adebayor: Was a c*** before he left. Had one great season and then thought he was Pelé. It's all well and good to negotiate a pay-rise, but to play how he did in his last season and to go crying to the media every 5 minutes like he did was unacceptable. It's no surprise that his 1 good season then do f*** all behaviour has continued subsequently.

On his celebration, I said it at the time on this forum - I'd have probably done the same. Once battle lines are drawn, the fans that dish it out should expect to get it back. I think players should know what to expect in a game, it comes with the territory (there's obviously a line that shouldn't be crossed). However I think the banter should work both ways - If you abuse me all game and I score, be prepared to get it back. He's still a c*** though. Meh.

Nasri is the main one I disagree with other Arsenal fans about. I posted this on an Arsenal forum when he was still with us :

I can't believe some of the criticism Nasri is getting in this thread.

He's done nothing wrong. As long as he doesn't woman and moan in the press about being underpaid then he can ask for the earth in my opinion.

The same way a player isn't forced to sign a contract, a club isn't forced to offer one.

If Nasri wants £200k a week then that's his perogative. The club doesn't have to offer it if they don't feel that he is worth it do they? He may feel that his initial contract was very low compared to the likes of Denilson and Clichy for example, but he hasn't bitched and moaned.

The club are notoriously bad at handling contract negotiations. Look at the Cole debacle. After all the nonsense they gave Cole £10K MORE than he asked for, with only a 1 year extension. That allowed Chelsea to completely rob us with the swap deal.

If the club were smarter, they'd offer longer contracts to protect their investments. But then again, that's also a risk. The same applies to the player. Do you take the security of a long term contract or do you take a shorter one with the hope of getting a rise later on?

As long as he's not bitching in public, you can't moan at a player for wanting more money. He hasn't said "I nearly crashed my car" has he?

If he think's he's worth £100k a week, then let him find a club that'll give it to him. It's not as if he can say "well we're winning a lot of trophies here so that makes up for it", because he's at a club that doesn't win, FACT.

Nasri has absolutely no incentive to sign an extension when he knows he can get more money AND trophies elsewhere.

jus2nang (gooner) said:
Some harsh stuff on this thread. Every club has a 'deluded' section of its support.

At Arsenal there's a split. There are those that think we're still challengers for major honours, label ambitious players as disloyal and blame everyone else but the club and Wenger for our current position.

Then there are those of us that are not happy with the way the club is run. We realise that the owners have zero ambition and are happy with the status-quo as long as the money keeps coming in. Poor wage structure means that we can't attract/keep top players and can't shift the dross - resulting in an average team that challenges for nothing and further pushes top players away (which the board are only too happy to sell). And to top it off, the board take the **** with ticket prices.

We're still a big club though. Our history still means something (yes it gets less relevant as time passes and it isn't added to), we still sell tickets, merchandise, draw in TV audiences, Champions League regulars, own a state of the art stadium etc etc.

In terms of bitterness, you'll find most of it is directed towards the board (and some to Wenger).

That's a fair post mate and I don't think you'll find many of us saying you aren't a big club, which is quite frankly a ridiculous statement.
You won't however find much sympathy from City fans for your current plight. I can remember the whole City crowd clapping Arsenal off the pitch after you'd given us a football lesson. All we've ever had in return is sneering and vitriol.

It's the sense of self entitlement and hypocrisy that some of your fans show that really rankles.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.