Arsenal (H) | Post-Match Thread

Chippy_boy said:
With away games at Leicester, Chelsea and Liverpool coming up, we really must win this. Unfortunately I don't think we will. Without Foden and KDB especially, we lack creativity and without a top striker we lack clinical finishing as well. I see another slow and laboured performance with chances squandered and either a 0-0 bore fest or a sucker punch defeat.

I think I should predict a defeat more often.

Don't think I'll ever tire of watching Gundogan, silky player, he's just been outstanding for the last two years.

Ferran phenomenal with his movement and goals.

Laporte joining the attack for the last 15 or so minutes was brilliant too. Hopefully he stays.

Thought arsenal started the better with their press, man marking Rodri stopping the pass from Ederson, which in turn caused Eddie to have to step up the field and find passes to the wide areas.

The issue you get when you press technically brilliant teams however, is that they pass right through you. Which is just what we did.

Great all round.

Feel a bit sorry for Arteta. Guy gets a chance like that and he has to take it, but he’s gone from working with a philharmonic to a bunch of tone deaf buskers.
I'm inclined to disagree about him having to take it. The Arsenal job is like the rags... a poisoned chalice for the next 10 years after the long-serving incumbent leaves.
Anyone could see that an inexperienced coach would be on a hiding to nothing. He's simply not good enough for the PL (yet).

for the first time ina long time I completely missed the entire game and although Ive seen the highlights (including the red card - definite sending off - awful attempt at a challenge) I was wondering how we played considering it was Arsenal and 10man Arsenal at that for a big chunk of the game?

Really impressive performance from the team today, just what was needed after a disappointing week off pitch. Mainly referring the Mendy situation which whitout doubt is a much bigger disruption for the players than what our current shortcomings on the transfer market is. The boys showed they are strong mentally today!

Happy for both Ferran & Gabi today, both have worked hard for a long time without complaining despite not playing regularly. Makes me smile when that pays off!

I'm inclined to disagree about him having to take it. The Arsenal job is like the rags... a poisoned chalice for the next 10 years after the long-serving incumbent leaves.
Anyone could see that an inexperienced coach would be on a hiding to nothing. He's simply not good enough for the PL (yet).
For us, we’re never going to see the allure, but when an opportunity arises like that, they’re never going to turn it down because they never know if the carousel will stop for them again. I agree that it was too much too soon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.