Arsenal (H) | Post-Match Thread

The Arsenal job is like the rags... a poisoned chalice for the next 10 years after the long-serving incumbent leaves.
Come back and say that in October. 2023 when Pep's got his feet up. (On second thoughts, hope you don't.)

What is up with Xhaka by the way? I don't think you could put it down to a passionate tackle. This appear like a common placed thing for him? Disgraceful to be honest. My Mrs turned around and said to me "What on earth is he doing? Why would he do that?" I don't know that answer...

Four thoughts from that game:

1) God, We Needed That. Since the UCL Final, there's been a gathering rainstorm of frustrated vibes around the club that was admittedly mitigated somewhat with the arrival of Grealish and beating Norwich. But losing our biggest-ever game, failing in the community shield, our best player injured, missing out on our #1 target, and then finally getting humiliated with the Ronaldo transfer - there was a grey mood building, and the vibes would have been as grim as Arteta's dressing room if we hadn't got a result today. To have such a great performance was the shot we needed.

2) Jesus and Torres On Fire. I have never seen Gabby look so confident in a City shirt. His trademark furrowed brow has been replaced with a beaming grin; the man looks like Daniel Levy probably does after arranging another gentleman's agreement. He's crossing like a menace, cutting in, tracking back, pressing, and then scoring as well! And Torres took a step towards convincing me that he can be City's striker today. I still have question marks, but he's getting there. There is a mental calmness in front of goal that can't be denied, and if he gets stronger, that's a threat.

3) Grealish is a Natural. This is the third time in a row that I've raved about the man after a game, but if he keeps playing this, it's gonna continue. I swear I can hear Beethoven's Ode to Joy every time he just glides past a defender with such smoothness that it doesn't even feel like he's done it. He has that innate tempo to know exactly when to recycle, when to dribble forward, when to draw a foul, when to cross and shoot. I love Raheem, but I already feel a hell of a lot more confident with Super Jack on the left instead of him.

4) I Still Want a Striker. Amid all the fun, I still feel there is a gap of quality here that must be addressed. I can't quite exorcise the ghost of picturing Kane in this team - he'd be slamming goals at an inhuman rate. A top striker like that is still missing. Torres is finding form, but we have the greatest manager in the world here, and if we make him play a third of his time without an out-and-out striker available, then that's a disgrace. I still feel that with Chelsea and the Knobheads strengthening, our lack of a Nine could come home to roost this season. We'll see.

An absolute route and zero chance for them after the sending off. Bit of a snooze fest the second half but our ball retention and skill was superb. Our biggest threat was Eddie I think he will still half asleep the first half lol.

Amazing performance from the whole team, although Eddie was giving me the shits first half.

Ferran could well be our no 9, hes very cool doesn't panic in front of goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.