Arsenal (H) | Post-Match Thread

I understand the conundrum.
I think the speed and work rate increased tremendously with the team selection of the last two games. However I’m still not convinced that it’ll work against the likes of a Chelsea defence or any decent 10 men behind the ball.
Look at the aberration of the Spurs match where, in fairness, we had a different starting eleven.
But when Kev came on and was pushed up around the box things alla sudden started happening. We could have pulled a result out of that if he was on earlier.

Truth is, in my opinion, for much of last year Kev was not the problem. No disrespect to Mahrez who was great last season and is looking hungry again, but him on the right and Sterling on the left really slows down our pace. Both kept coming inside and recycling.
Predictable and with no target man it made breaking good teams down more difficult.

Early days and we’ve played two woeful teams, but look at the speed of delivery with Jesus on the right and Jack on the left.
The work rate of Bernardo and Jesus together with the movement of Torres and Gundogan is like watching us at our best again, but imagine Kev picking out first time balls to either side as well. The options are crazy.
We need cool heads to place the tap ins in the corners. Personally Sterling is the one I’d be dropping at the moment. It’s a tough one too but I would rather Jesus on the right than Mahrez. Maybe Mahrez is a good option through the middle.
Pep is right to be happy with the squad he has. I don’t envy him the task of picking a team week in week out though. That’s why hey paid the big bucks.
Until Kev is fully fit I doubt he could do the graft Bernardo does but fully fit he can and nobody opens a defence like him.
Options all over the place. As long as half a dozen of our team are scoring over 10 goals this season we might just get away without a 30 goal a season striker.

We have rotation and that is obviously necessary but in the big games it’s

Ederson
Walker Dias Stones zinc
Rodri
Silva gundog

The front 3 is really tough

KDB the best player in the premiership
Foden the best ability
Grealish
Jesus bang in form
Mahrez technically gifted
Sterling great movement but falls apart in the box
Torres good finisher

Good luck with that:-)

In
We have rotation and that is obviously necessary but in the big games it’s

Ederson
Walker Dias Stones zinc
Rodri
Silva gundog

The front 3 is really tough

KDB the best player in the premiership
Foden the best ability
Grealish
Jesus bang in form
Mahrez technically gifted
Sterling great movement but falls apart in the box
Torres good finisher

Good luck with that:-)
i tell you what, when you think how amazing Foden and KDB are, it’s frightening how good we look without them. The pace and directness of Foden and the magic of Kevin. Good luck picking that best 11.

Players like Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar are also great players who win awards, that does not mean they are great team players but they can still be the difference between a teams success or failure.
But KDB is the epitome of a ‘team’ player. No comparison with those you mention.

We need to get rid of Sterling he's getting worse,cash in now.
Yeah I’d be inclined to let him go, think we have enough players for the front three positions to not miss him. Problem is don’t think it will be easy to find a buyer.

Bloody hell, just seen the red card… never a red.

And get up Cancelo you absolute tart, rolling around like he had a sledge hammer smashed against his leg.

Funny today I'm watching Bernardo, Rodri and Gundo bossing that midfield and felt guilty thinking we look better without Kev. I know he's world class but we looked more solid and fluid.
KDB was out for much of the long winning run from last season when Gundo was scoring freely. Some of the nicest football all season was without KDB in the team. But, you take KDB out of the biggest champions league games from last season and we don’t get to the final - he really was world class in those games.
He’s an incredible player, but again, it shows the value of Bernardo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.