Arsenal (H) | Post Match Thread

@Tricky_Trev ;-)

IMG-3425.jpg

Just WOW!

Tactically we were fuckin brilliant! I was baffled when I saw the line up & even more perplexed with Akanji at left back, but what a move to nullify their dangerman Saka! Akanji was absolutely on point tonight & his performance shredded Saka's head.

£15m! Lol :-)

We allowed them possession in their half, but strangled them as soon as they crossed the halfway line & posed a danger. We were precise with our passing & calm under pressure, making league leaders Arsenal look very ordinary.

Grealish had a quiet, but effective game & it was great seeing Haaland put himself about & turn provider as well as goal scorer.

Stones took his goal very well, & with it coming on the stroke of halftime, it seemed to knock the stuffing out of Arsenal.

Arsenal tried to rally in the second half, but after a few minutes we regained total control of the match & Arsenal had little in response.

Their goal pissed me off & spoiled what would have been a perfect night, but I shan't complain too vehemently.

What can I say about our Ginger Prince, King Kevin DeBruyne! He was absolutely sublime & head & shoulders above everyone else on the pitch tonight.

I was screaming at him to pass to Grealish, but he drifted to the right & unleashed an early curling shot to score the opener. He provided a pinpoint free kick for Stones to score, & then he got his second of the night with a calm finish between the defender's legs. He's simply the best!

I'm made up Haaland got the final goal. His unselfish efforts deserved a reward & he got one in the end after several missed chances. 49 goals in his first season in English football! :-)

It's not over yet & Arsenal are still two points ahead, but our destiny is in our own hands, & we have several tough games to negotiate & banana skins to avoid.

A fantastic performance, & a welcome three points too! Roll on Fulham on Sunday! :-)

Last edited:
The players really put it in today. We allowed them to have the ball for periods today and as a result exerted more energy than usual. Gundog and KDB looked particularly knackered with 20 minutes to go. But, what a professional performance. Haaland was the most pivotal and involved he has been since he has joined.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.