Arsenal (H) | Post Match Thread

We've had umpteen teams turn up and get treated like royalty by refs. City players have been 'kicking off' more this season than any I can remember, and it's down to refs not treating our players the same way as the opposition. How many times have away teams kicked the shite out of Bernardo, and he's ended up getting booked 'cos he has a pop, instead of the ref booking the opposition thug? How many of our players take one for the team only for an opposition player getting fuck all for the same offence?
Ederson getting booked for time wasting recently tops it off!

I'm trying to think of a better performance from a City team. Maybe Arsenal were bad, I need to rewatch it with less alcohol and adrenaline in my blood, but we were absolutely stunning last night. Kev and Haaland playing like they were attached by string, Bernie and Grealish fucking everywhere with the ball glued to their feet, Stones and Rodri gliding through the game like chess players who knew Arsenal's next moves before them, Dias and Akanji and Walker patrolling their own half like the scariest school bullies you've ever seen, Ederson kicking long, landing the ball on a penny, and then giving the Arsenal fans shit. Just unreal. What a fucking team.
Ederson is ice cold, just let's them come to him and pings it to a blue shirt, as Sean dyche once said, it's like having Ronald koeman in goal

Outstanding performance from City last night across all fronts.

The early stages seen us concede possession and press them at the right moments causing chaos in their own defensive third. They were completely and utterly bamboozled with Haaland and De Bruyne switching roles at times with Haaland coming deeper and Kev moving ahead of him.

Felt Michael Oliver was a complete disgrace last night. He appeared to do his best to keep the game competitive with some ridiculous decisions. Xhaka took a dive around 11 minutes when there was ZERO contact, it was clearly not a foul, but he'd conceded possession and we had an overload down the middle so they got the free kick. There was a moment when KDB spun Holding and was fouled - no booking when we had a 4 on 3. Little moments like this really hack me off and don't get me started on how Thomas Partey remained on the pitch.

We bossed them, and quite frankly, they should be happy to get out with a 4-1 loss. The conduct of their players showed they have cracked - they now know how it feels to be Liverpool the past few years - so close, but so far when the pressure and business end come...

The songs of defiance in the away about loving Arsenal, Haaland letting his hair down and tucking away a fourth, the woman on Sky Sports News right now saying the Premier League should "thank" Arsenal for keeping it close. It's all so familiar, just another team in red wondering what may have been. We've work to do yet, Pep knows this, but the reality is dawning on Arsenal.

Bring on the 'oil money' jibes, bring on the 'no fans' bullshit, bring on the league 'being a joke', bring on the 'Premier League charges' - I don't care, because the pain at what City do is joyous.

What i love about him is he never hides. Yep he 100% shouldve bagged at least 2 befoew he did score. But missing makes him more determined. A lot of strikers let their heads drop if they miss a couple. Not our big freaky viking.
His head didn't drop but his hair did!

Apparently all our players are at their peak and not getting better. Presume he isn't talking about the 22yr old Haaland, the 23yr old Alvarez, the 22yr old Foden, the 18yr old Lewis, the 26 yr old Rodri, the 25yr old Dias etc. Obviously knows nothing about our new signings and academy set up. Those tears are so salty

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.