Arsenal (H) - Sun 31st Mar, 16:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checked out the odds and wow, Arsenal is as short to win/draw as we are to take all three points. The bookies certainly seem to respect them this season.

Looking at the description of the "injuries" the Arsenal players have i dont doubt all of them will be available...a cut on the foot doesnt stp someone playing fo for instance....the other 2 were withdrawn prior to the internationals (something we/the players should have done for us) - so saka and the other will be playing

Arsenal are a better team than last year in terms of being ore solid and harder to beat - we are weaker in terms of losing Gundo esp
Pep hasnt had the balance in midfield this season - I think he needs to stat Kovacic and Rodri....
KDB is the big question - he turns up (if fit) and we will be ok - however there have been at times (liverpool the most recent) when he has been an issue - his intensity in defending from midfield wasnt there, he lost the ball on a number of occasions - his fitness didnt look right. He is an exceptional player but he also has his flaws.

The question is if we pu KDB in there (and we should) then we have to have the rest of the midfield right - hence why I think Kova has to play - but this then means playing foden out of his best position

My team would be

Ortega (if Eddie isnt fit)

Akanji Dias Gvadiol Ake

Rodri Kova

Foden KDB Bernardo

Haaland

Id play Gvardio central as his one weakness is the awareness of space behind him at fullback - Ake is the better player of the two there but Gvardiol is better in the build up/on the ball and passing out of defence. Akanji at right back for Walker seems to be the obvious replacement.

Kova in there to do the leg work for KDB and help link defence to attack

A fit and firing Grealish could be an argument over Bernardo but we havent seen it from Grealish this season and Bernardo will put in 100% and is more of a creative threat and goal threat than Grealish - his retention of the ball is as good and way better than Doku's

If we play Alvarez in this I think its a big mistake - he is an exceptional player BUT he aint a number 10 - all 3 of Foden, KDB and Bernardo are better in those attacking mid positions.

Fuck off waistcoat. The walker injury i can accept, that happens from time to time, it's a horrible time to get injured but it is just unfortunate. The Stones one though is pure negligence.

There's zero doubts John Stones plays in the Euros if he's fit, zero! he's had an injury riddled season to date, only just coming back from the latest injury and waistcoat plays him in both pointless games. Why!? Our season could ultimately be decided by waistcoat playing players that didn't need to play in friendlies. Wanker!

Pep should have laid right into him publicly and called it out for what it is.

Stones & Walker out is not ideal but we have decent players who can do a job for us , we are not Rags or Dippers with the media highlighting their "horrendous" injuries this season , we are the Champions so we will just get on with it :

Ederson
Akanji , Dias , Ake , Gvardiol
Rodri , Kovacic
Bernardo , KDB , Foden
Haaland

Doku , Grealish , Lewis , Alvarez, Bobb , Gomez , Ortega

Would play Kovacic to gain more control in the middle , the Goons will be ecstatic with a draw and will be hoping for another fortunate deflected goal in the last couple of minutes , both narrow 0-1 defeats this season have been games we could and maybe should have won , i think the Etihad atmosphere will swing this one our way , ive backed 2-1 and 3-1.

I prefer it when our fans are not too confident, as nothing in football is guaranteed.

But it would be mad to underestimate City: the atmosphere will help us perform at our best, and a team having Pep as the manager and players like Rodri, KDB, Foden, Bernardo and Haaland is a frightening prospect.

Your comparison with last season is a bit misleading. The combo of Partey and Xhaka is marginally worse than any combo of Rice and some current player, if at all. Rice is a very good player but a bit overrated due to English bias. Passing wise he isn't outstanding. Havertz can't press like Jesus and isn't the greatest goalscorer either. Saliba for Holding is the big difference, but we have enough tools to hurt them even with Saliba in the team.

Fair points, I tend to be pessimistic due to growing up the 90s so it's probably more balanced than I made out.

I do have to say though that I think Rice has played very well in the two games we've played against them this year. The ground he can cover and strength in challenges makes the battle in the middle more 50/50 and you can see the confidence it gives the rest of their team and fans.

On Havertz I appreciate I have an unpopular opinion but I think he's played well below his level because Chelsea is a terrible environment for a young player to develop due to the instability, and Arteta is getting his career back on track by playing him to his strengths consistently. I think he's starting to become absolutely class for them and his ceiling is very high. He won't be up there with Erling but certainly on track to be one of the best forwards in the world.

Just checked out the odds and wow, Arsenal is as short to win/draw as we are to take all three points. The bookies certainly seem to respect them this season.
We’re 5/6 and they are 14/5 and 10/3 in some places, of course they would be short to win/draw as we are to win outright, that’s 2 bets to 1 in there favour.

Surprise surprise the media dipshits is writing the treble winning all conquering city off against the mighty havnt won a league in 20 season never min a win at the ethiad.

We got this, might not be enough to win the league but to dismiss us is yet again is the main theme from the football fraternity.

3-1 city, when it matters it won’t be close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.