Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the line up will look something like this

Ortega

Walker (fingers crossed) Dias Ake Gvardiol
Rodri Kovacic
Silva KDB Foden
Haaland

Stones and Akanji if both ruled out will be a huge loss . Playing out through the backline could be very tricky with Arsenal's press. Trying to get the right balance will be key. I expect a lot of long balls to Haaland like the games last season
Time to play long ball to Haaland?

I thought they would come flying out of the traps against Porto at home, It was the complete opposite.

They are a very nervous team when it comes to the big games, The squad of players they have aren't used to being involved in these types of games and they lack know-how.

We've been around the block numerous times, A squad of players that these types of games is where they come alive.

They can try and come out all guns blazing all they like, They'll fold like a deck chair as usual.
OK but then let's look at Arsenal's record in big PL games this season, vs City and Dippers.

Record is P3, W2, D1, L0.

So I don't think they'll 'fold like a deck chair'. City are most likely to win but the idea of Arsenal collapsing is getting pretty old.

City beat the Rags by 2 goals, Barcodes by 2 goals and Brentford by 1 goal in recent Etihad matches. Based on that what makes you think that translates into giving Arsenal a good hiding? If City win it's likely to be by the odd goal.

OK but then let's look at Arsenal's record in big PL games this season, vs City and Dippers.

Record is P3, W2, D1, L0.

So I don't think they'll 'fold like a deck chair'. City are most likely to win but the idea of Arsenal collapsing is getting pretty old.

City beat the Rags by 2 goals, Barcodes by 2 goals and Brentford by 1 goal in recent Etihad matches. Based on that what makes you think that translates into giving Arsenal a good hiding? If City win it's likely to be by the odd goal.
"Arsenal collapsing days are getting old" On exactly what evidence are you going off by making that statement?

Going by you're theory of "beating Brentford by 1 goal" ect that's a schoolboy statement to make, We actually got beaten twice by Brentford last season but we absolutely took you lot to the cleaners twice on top of winning 5 trophies in one season...Arsenal also scrapped past Brentford but battered West Ham, Does that mean Brentford are better than West Ham? As I said that's a schoolboy statement.

Arsenal haven't won a title in 20 years! They've "bottled" the run in last season on top of "folding like a deck chair" at The Etihad 11 months ago...

They've "luckily" got past a piss poor FC Porto team in the Champions League on penalties.

There's absolutely no evidence to suggest that Arsenal won't fold "as usual", They've been in two title races in 20 years and all of a sudden think they think they are in with the big boys...Win a Premier League Title and you'll be taken seriously like you were 20 plus years ago.

There's absolutely no evidence to suggest that Arsenal won't fold "as usual", They've been in two title races in 20 years and all of a sudden think they think they are in with the big boys...Win a Premier League Title and you'll be taken seriously like you were 20 plus years ago.
Fuck that, win it, win it again, then win it twice in a row, 3 times in a row, win the CL, win the treble and then maybe people might take them seriously. Until then, they can put up with the shit we have.

Cant help but think Ederson is going to be fit for this as there was rumours he was ahead of schedule fitness wise and we`ve had the break as well. I think Walker and Akanji will be fine as well.

Ederson
Walker
Dias
Gvardiol
Ake
Rodri
De Bruyne
Foden
Bernardo Silva
Grealish
Haaland

"Arsenal collapsing days are getting old" On exactly what evidence are you going off by making that statement?

Going by you're theory of "beating Brentford by 1 goal" ect that's a schoolboy statement to make, We actually got beaten twice by Brentford last season but we absolutely took you lot to the cleaners twice on top of winning 5 trophies in one season...Arsenal also scrapped past Brentford but battered West Ham, Does that mean Brentford are better than West Ham? As I said that's a schoolboy statement.

Arsenal haven't won a title in 20 years! They've "bottled" the run in last season on top of "folding like a deck chair" at The Etihad 11 months ago...

They've "luckily" got past a piss poor FC Porto team in the Champions League on penalties.

I think the fact that they have a much better goal difference and they've done well in the big games. They have two very clever wingers, a solid defence and probably the best midfield duo in the league bar Rodders and KDB. I dont think they'll fold, not this year. The only problem is for them is they're relying on Havertz for goals up top but even he's starting to prove a lot of people wrong. It's going to be a ding dong thats for sure, a tactical battle that hopefully we'll come out on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.