Arsenal (H) - Sun 31st Mar, 16:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll take any kind of win and get three points.

No need to make any statement we already did it last season with treble.

Fuck that, win it, win it again, then win it twice in a row, 3 times in a row, win the CL, win the treble and then maybe people might take them seriously. Until then, they can put up with the shit we have.
Yup! I bet the definition of a “great” side changes somewhat if we don’t won’t it

We need to win on Sunday, a draw won't suffice imo. Difficult game against an Arsenal team that is definitely stronger than last last season. With Stones out I hope Kovacic starts, he makes us more solid in midfield and a Rodri/Kovacic partnership should gives us the control we need.

Stones hasn't played 2 games In a week for a very long time for city, where as Southgate thinks its a good idea....
Southgate will be expecting John to play a lot of games during June/July and his priority is England not City. I am sure he does not set out intentionally to get him injured but he is not really concerned about our interests but concentrates on his own. It is far from ideal from our perspective but understandable from an England perspective.
A factor which is often forgotten is the likelyhood than John Stones may himself currently view a major trophy at international level to be on par with anything achieved at club level and may wish to add to his cv this upcoming summer.
I assume he will miss at least the next few games and the first leg against Madrid which could deal a huge blow to our season. On Sunday I think his absence will be felt against an Arsenal team which for a lot of the season have been better than us. I personally am banking on the home support together with some magic from Kev, Phil and the Viking to drag us over the line in what I anticipate will be a close contest.

We need to win on Sunday, a draw won't suffice imo. Difficult game against an Arsenal team that is definitely stronger than last last season. With Stones out I hope Kovacic starts, he makes us more solid in midfield and a Rodri/Kovacic partnership should gives us the control we need.
Agree, if Stones is out Kovacic has to start. Would have liked to have stones and grealsih in but if Stones is out then we need Kova and Phil will go left. In my opinion of course.

I see Southgate plans to rag the feck out of Foden and Rice over the international break.
And I bet you loved that(like I would the other way around) You've not been a bad poster up to now Bridgey, however the acid test will be after Sundays match. Bit of advice. If you do win(and please stop saying we're favourites and you'll kill for a point etc) I'd stay away for a few days. Blues will be raw and you coming on saying unlucky, you deserved more etc will only rub people up the wrong way. I think your team has come on a lot from last season and it'll be one hell of a battle.

And I bet you loved that(like I would the other way around) You've not been a bad poster up to now Bridgey, however the acid test will be after Sundays match. Bit of advice. If you do win(and please stop saying we're favourites and you'll kill for a point etc) I'd stay away for a few days. Blues will be raw and you coming on saying unlucky, you deserved more etc will only rub people up the wrong way. I think your team has come on a lot from last season and it'll be one hell of a battle.

Nothing truer than that. And I speak from personal experience of occasionally posting on other forums (among them, Arsenal Mania). I kind of dropped it, because you're on a hiding to nothing. And never go on if your team's just beaten theirs. The mere fact that you're still talking is an irritant, regardless of what you say. If you say, “You were unlucky to lose” it comes over as condescending. In fact, everything does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.