Arsenal (H)

Hi all, does anyone know if City fans in London generally put together coaches for home games? I'd be interesting in getting a ride to and from Manchester if so. Will be visiting London at that time and have a few folks who I think could help me get a ticket for the game but getting to Manchester seems a little bit tricky with those train prices.
You could get a return ticket on virgin, london euston to manc picadilly same day return for about £85 to £90 mate,but you'd probably have to sit with arsenal fans coming up and going back.

https://www.virgintrains.co.uk/

You could get a return ticket on virgin, london euston to manc picadilly same day return for about £85 to £90 mate,but you'd probably have to sit with arsenal fans coming up and going back.

https://www.virgintrains.co.uk/
Cheers, mate. I had looked into the train option initially but was confused about the wording with off-peak and and the like. Can't fully grasp why the "Anytime" option is so much more expensive if this guarantees you a seat also.

I'll make sure to change my shirt for the ride back. Hopefully I won't have to hear them celebrating!

Cheers, mate. I had looked into the train option initially but was confused about the wording with off-peak and and the like. Can't fully grasp why the "Anytime" option is so much more expensive if this guarantees you a seat also.

I'll make sure to change my shirt for the ride back. Hopefully I won't have to hear them celebrating!
just chose the " off peak " option,but obviously book the best times for you,11.20 from euston arrive manc 13.50 and 20.21 manc to euston arrive 22.56 is £89.When you book with virgin you can collect your tickets at the station at a self collect machine,but you have to use the same credit card/debit card you used to book your tickets with,you can use that option if you don't have your train tickets posted out to you,also the quicker you book the cheaper the price will be,it goes dearer the closer you get to the travel dates you want,good luck !

just chose the " off peak " option,but obviously book the best times for you,11.20 from euston arrive manc 13.50 and 20.21 manc to euston arrive 22.56 is £89.When you book with virgin you can collect your tickets at the station at a self collect machine,but you have to use the same credit card/debit card you used to book your tickets with,you can use that option if you don't have your train tickets posted out to you,also the quicker you book the cheaper the price will be,it goes dearer the closer you get to the travel dates you want,good luck !
Abellwillring- along with blue44's advice there are ways of getting cheaper fares than virgin. You can get the 9:54 Euston to Stoke West Midlands trains service arriving 12:37 for £12.50 then 12:46 Stoke - Piccadilly is £8.30 or £3.50 if you can be arsed to wait til 13:25. You can get a single from Piccadilly - Euston with virgin on the 19:17 for £32 *just realised it's a 4:30 kick off for some reason so better off looking at a later train which are currently going for £29. Currently Euston - Piccadilly return for that day is £89.60.
The pay off is about 3.5hrs journey up but that's about 33% cheaper & you get a fast 2hr journey back.
I got this off national rail website - worth a look...

Last edited:
Thanks again for the advice, gents! I went ahead and bought the Virgin train ticket just cause it seemed relatively pain free once blue44 clarified that the different price structure didn't really affect me. Got a ticket to the match as well now and am very excited to be seeing my second City game in England.

Once again, the many changes to the fixture list rules us out, but this time for three matches in a row. At least we can make the cup match as it hasn't been tampered with. Really starting to think about the validity of having a Seasoncard, although many Blues have used our tickets (sorry, bought). We at least attend all Saturday games. I dont live within 2 hours of Manchester...oh well.

Arsenal. Great seats, 3 x Adult tickets, 102 Row B. Sold
plenty of times on here. E-tickets sent from the club this morning, so an easy transaction.

£40 each. I won't split.

As I say, sold plenty of times on here without any problem at all.

Last edited:
Couple of tickets available on the official ticket site.
Always worth checking as returns come in daily.

Paper ticket still available in east stand 201, bought extra ticket for father in law who can't make it, east stand 201, can post or meet on day as I'll be going

Now sold,

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.