Arsenal (N) FA Cup Semi Final pre match thread

Semi Final Prediction?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It used to be that we would convince ourselves that going into a knockout game fully expecting a win would come back to bite us. Are we finally past that now?

I'm expecting Arteta to play more defensively this game, where he'll hope we make a mistake if they are patient. As long as we don't give them a lead to defend, I think we'll be ok. Lets force them into mistakes, their defence is more prone to them than a Stones and Otamendi back line.

Should be tough enough. They’ve found a little form and a bit if team spirit, their keeper has played very well of late. All the same it will depend on whether we turn up, if we do we win.

We owe them from 2016/17, hopefully avenge that tomorrow.

Pep Guardiola on playing strong teams in the #FACup and Carabao Cup: “We have incredible players and a rich, rich club so that’s why we have a lot of players and we can use them

Pep Guardiola responding to claims he only succeeds with money to spend: “That’s my success! I told you the other day. This is the secret

Sarky,love it

Pep Guardiola on wanting to win every trophy: “Always I thought in Barcelona and Munich, the #FACups... if we won three Carabao Cups in a row it’s because we were focused to win it, now we are doing it in the FA Cup too. So there are no doubts about this

Pep Guardiola: "I remember in Spain we can always see the final, the tradition, everything. It is so nice. We are looking forward to it and we are so excited to travel to London and play the game

Pep Guardiola: "The #FACup is great. It’s a pity we cannot play with fans but we are finishing the Premier League, we are able to play in the FA Cup...it’s not perfect but it’s good enough. In England, my first memories of English football are FA Cup finals

This game is all about whether they have the speed on the break to get in behind us. Arteta knows how we play and thus the way to try to blunt it. Whether he has the personnel to get that done or not remains to be seen.

For me, this will be the ball over the top or the early ball in behind from the touch line around the halfway line.

Let’s hope it’s not another 70% possession game where we don’t create goal scoring opportunities. Need to try to put this team to bed and knock the stuffing out of them. They have goal scorers who don’t need a second look, unlike so many of ours!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.