Arsenal PL (A) | Man of the Match

Man of the Match

• Total voters
Walker was 2 the rest were all 1s, they were all pretty awful, no ability, no effort, no industry do anything meaningful further than 60 yards from our goal. And Pep 0 for his tactical set up and changes. The man sometimes does totally opposite to what he's been preaching for years.
We were still in it right up to the end. I guess you would've had the same ratings if we had managed a point. We were poor by our usual high standards but the circumstances were unusual for both teams.It was a tactical game and we lost with a fluke goal. I questioned Peps formation but on reflection he was showing a lot of respect for Odegaard, Partey and Rice by keeping the game narrow and going toe to toe.

We were still in it right up to the end. I guess you would've had the same ratings if we had managed a point. We were poor by our usual high standards but the circumstances were unusual for both teams.It was a tactical game and we lost with a fluke goal. I questioned Peps formation but on reflection he was showing a lot of respect for Odegaard, Partey and Rice by keeping the game narrow and going toe to toe.
You are on the point! Even if won, yes I would be happy with the points of course, but that performance would stay the stinker! I re-watched the game, we were just awful and played like a mid-table team. At no point we did something to change it for real. Even when we were pushed and harassed before by some sides, we managed to keep the threat ourselves. That really felt like watching City after Guardiola had departed.
We stopped pressing them after 10 minutes, no width on our left at all allowing Jesus, White and Odegard to double up and triple up on us constantly. No DM, no even hybrid CB/DM after playing Akanji reasonably successfully in that role, allowing them totally to control MF. No recycling the ball, even half baked Grealish would help holding to it. Our possession was like Southgate's England. And bringing three subs when he never does it always claiming he likes the squad's stability. We ended with Doku dribbling and carrying the ball from our corner flag almost. Stones or Nunes for Mateo maybe? And what the heck is this sticking with Haaland when he is just non existent in number of games this season. No mate, they were all shit, solid 1s and Pep ice cold zero.

That's odd; I've been told on here that it wasn't a lucky goal?

You are on the point! Even if won, yes I would be happy with the points of course, but that performance would stay the stinker! I re-watched the game, we were just awful and played like a mid-table team. At no point we did something to change it for real. Even when we were pushed and harassed before by some sides, we managed to keep the threat ourselves. That really felt like watching City after Guardiola had departed.
We stopped pressing them after 10 minutes, no width on our left at all allowing Jesus, White and Odegard to double up and triple up on us constantly. No DM, no even hybrid CB/DM after playing Akanji reasonably successfully in that role, allowing them totally to control MF. No recycling the ball, even half baked Grealish would help holding to it. Our possession was like Southgate's England. And bringing three subs when he never does it always claiming he likes the squad's stability. We ended with Doku dribbling and carrying the ball from our corner flag almost. Stones or Nunes for Mateo maybe? And what the heck is this sticking with Haaland when he is just non existent in number of games this season. No mate, they were all shit, solid 1s and Pep ice cold zero.

Away to the team that finished 2nd in the league last season, so supposedly the toughest match we'll have this season.

Both sides respected each other, neither really seemed to want to risk trying to win it in case they lost. Arsenal have been built in our image, a dodgy photocopy of us, and it turned into a chess match.

The only criticism I'd really have is that Arsenal were more willing to take the chance of a shot, which is what won them the game. Yes, it was a fluke, but if you don't buy a ticket and all that...

But nobody was shit, the team wasn't shit, the performance wasn't shit. It was controlled and cautious and we lost to a fluke. There were a lot of decent performances in there, just nothing exciting or enough to win us the game.

Defence played well. The rest ok, nobody poor. Gvardiol man of the match for me.

Bernardo shouldn't have started that game, he looked absolutely fucked and was barely moving at one point, just ambling around in a trot

Away to the team that finished 2nd in the league last season, so supposedly the toughest match we'll have this season.

Both sides respected each other, neither really seemed to want to risk trying to win it in case they lost. Arsenal have been built in our image, a dodgy photocopy of us, and it turned into a chess match.

The only criticism I'd really have is that Arsenal were more willing to take the chance of a shot, which is what won them the game. Yes, it was a fluke, but if you don't buy a ticket and all that...

But nobody was shit, the team wasn't shit, the performance wasn't shit. It was controlled and cautious and we lost to a fluke. There were a lot of decent performances in there, just nothing exciting or enough to win us the game.

Defence played well. The rest ok, nobody poor. Gvardiol man of the match for me.
Good summary. Both teams were without their star players and so the managers had to change tactically. It all ended in a stalemate until a flukey deflection won it. That happens. It could’ve been us. In the first half we were excellent at closing Raya down, we really caused him some jitters but we were never going to be able to keep it up.

Last edited:
Slim pickings again (seems to be a bit of a theme this season) but I think Gvardiol had a decent game.

Bernardo shouldn't have started that game, he looked absolutely fucked and was barely moving at one point, just ambling around in a trot
Not as a number 6. It was odd to see him across the back line so late in the game. I agree he did look tired by his incredible standards.

I can't remember the last time I said this, but ... no one was very good. Both teams acted as though 0-0 would be a decent result, and then Arsenal got a bit lucky at the end.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.